2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've moved on from a 307 XSi 2.0 petrol (136) to my 2.2 5door civic, and although the power of the 2 cars are almost identical, the civic "gives" the power in a fashion that feels faster and better.

This being said, the brakes are awful. I had gotten used to them over the past month, but because we still havent sold our 307, I took it for a spin and the brakes are like anchors, just with the slightest touch. They've never been upgraded and the front discs/pads were replaced before the last MOT in November.

When I hopped back into the civic, I forgot how much harder I needed to press on the pedal and nearly coasted into the middle of the road when pulling up to a junction.

What disc/pad combination would you suggest for my civic to make the braking better?... just decent would do.

and where would be the best place to buy them?

Also, is it a DIY job or worth taking to a garage for a proper job?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
EBC Greenstuff with EBC TurboGrooved disks and not forgetting braided hoses with good quality brake fluid.

I have personally got EBC GreenStuff on Standard Honda disks (these will be upgraded to TurboGrooved soon) and Goodridge hoses with Castrol Response brake fluid brake are a lot better!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
EBC Greenstuff with EBC TurboGrooved disks and not forgetting braided hoses with good quality brake fluid. I have personally got EBC GreenStuff on Standard Honda disks (these will be upgraded to TurboGrooved soon) and Goodridge hoses with Castrol Response brake fluid brake are a lot better!
+1 ...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I quite like the progressive feel of the Civic brakes, rather then the anchor feel of other cars, it makes it easier to feather the brakes for a gradual stop.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I quite like the progressive feel of the Civic brakes, rather then the anchor feel of other cars, it makes it easier to feather the brakes for a gradual stop.
Upgrading the disks / pads / hoses fluid doesn't change the progressive nature - it just makes everything work faster / better and significantly shortens the braking distance, especially when you REALLY need it …

1 - 6 of 6 Posts