2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently got Hks intake, martelius catback and tegiwa manifold, with flashpro with custom map from tdi south, on the dyno made about 230 bhp would love to get up to the 250 range, what should I do next? Don't know what cams to get or what intake manifold etc? Thanks

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What throttle body where from? Estimated cost of these parts?

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
What throttle body where from? Estimated cost of these parts?
Think the SKunk2 TB is ok?

Erm estimates

RRC manifold = £440ish?
Skunk2 TB = £300ish?
TDI Cams you'd need to speak to TDI, but i know they do stage 1's fitted & tuned for £1500ish.

If i was you'd i'd buy the above parts, take them to TDI for fitting and get the cams put in at the same time & mapped up.

You'll see a massive increase in power if you do them all at once :)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
i believe the fd2/toda oil pump & balancer shaft delete kits can free up a few horses too!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With your setup mate what brake do you have Yarters?

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Hi mate,

I don't think that is true if i remember correctly?

I think that they make the engine rev more freely, but won't actually create power???

I may possibly be wrong though :popcorn:
as i understood the balancer shafts use a % of your power to be driven so although removing them doesnt create power, it just frees it up for the wheels rather than the shafts... happy to be corrected though if i'm wrong - i havent changed my oil pump... yet! :D

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
With your setup mate what brake do you have Yarters?

hi mate, my power mods are:

toda manifold
toda catback
mugen intake
FD2 throttle body
FD2 inlet manifold
FD2 cams
TDi North custom map on flashpro

gave me 241bhp -

I was thinking the oil pump mod would release a couple more and then maybe the tdi cams instead of the FD2 ones would break the 250 barrier..

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I think that's the key Ben - they will be quite a step up from FD2 cams :)
haha think you're right Andy!

next time the car goes in for a service i'll be asking about the cams and oil pump all at the same time i reckon! :D

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do tdi south sell these cams? Might go for these then along with rrc mani! What is the best option for throttle body??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts