2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Just brought a 2009 Civic Type R yesterday evening all the way from Haddiscoe, so didnt get there until early evening. Just noticed today that there is a gap between the passenger side front bumper and the head light & Grill. Am a bit worried now, just wondered what you guys thought and is this easy to fix?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
It's not a massive gap tbh, build quality and fitment on our fn2s ain't the best. You could try taking the bumper off and reseating it see if you see a difference.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumper

It's not a massive gap tbh, build quality and fitment on our fn2s ain't the best. You could try taking the bumper off and reseating it see if you see a difference.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
Cheers mate, how hard is it to remove and refit the front bumper or is it something best left to a garage?

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
There is clips that sit along the top of the bumper and the lower grill/lights. A simple firm push is enough to pop it back in (if alligned correctly).

Is that a gap between the top of your headlight and the wing too?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is clips that sit along the top of the bumper and the lower grill/lights. A simple firm push is enough to pop it back in (if alligned correctly).

Is that a gap between the top of your headlight and the wing too?

Hey, thanks for the reply, iv just nipped out and taken a look and your right, there is a gap between the headlight and wing :( What would you suggest, should I have an attempt at refitting the bumper, not even sure what do do about the wing as it lines up with the bonnet fine?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Yeah, definitely been hit. Main parts to check are the bumper carrier and headlights brackets, these are around 160 from the stealers. If you take it apart it might not go back together if these parts are damaged (I know!) Best get Honda or a good bodyshop to pull the bumper off and have a look.

Saying all that, after my accident, even with the new parts the gaps weren't all uniform in size. Almost but not quite.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, well both the head light & the grill solid as a rock, but can see the clips on Bumper where its not been put on right! Thanks for the warning about not taking it off, might go down body shop & get it look at as knowing my luck lately, if it can go wrong, it will lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
The front bumper pops off no problem but as other have said, its it damaged at the back you may not get it back on.

I would personally take it off if it were mine but its up to you pal.

Hope you get it sorted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts