2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supporter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to purchase the below springs at the end of the month for my FN1 which should lower it nicely! Also want to pop some wheel spacers on my standard 17” 5 spoke type s wheels. What size wheel spacer should I go for? I see them ranging from 3mm up to 20mm. looked on eBay for some and there are loads of cheap universal ones, plus some more expensive ones which I don’t see the point in spending the money on unless I’m missing something!? I don’t want anything catching on arches, anyone have any advice?? Also do I need anything else to lower it apart from the springs themselves?

Honda Civic Type S Lowering Springs KIT (07>)

Cheers! :D

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
gus i wouldnt touch your car with anything but eibachs. i have lowered more cars than i can remember and ruined the ride on nearly all of them. the eibachs will lower your car and improve the ride. cheap spacers will just shorten the amount of thread that goes through the wheel the more expensive ones extend the stud

·
Supporter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as you can i tell i ain't got a clue regarding springs etc. forgive my lack of knowledge here, how will eibacks make it better?

shorten the thread?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
the threads that stick through your wheel to fasten the nuts on to. a cheap spacer will push your wheel further away from the thread and too much isnt safe. i have a set of 18's in the shed that are wider due to the offset you can have them for 80quid if you want? eibachs are premium quality progressive springs they are one of the best and i wouldnt fit anything else now

·
Supporter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right i get you, so how much for eibachs? i'm guessing more expensive than the springs i found

18s? pics?

·
Supporter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheapest eibach's i can find is £133 that drop it by 25mm, will that be noticeable? how low have other ctc drivers gone?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
cheapest eibach's i can find is £133 that drop it by 25mm, will that be noticeable? how low have other ctc drivers gone?
Those are the standard 'drop' - like I have - ABP Motorsport stock 30mm and greater as 'specials' - the good thing about the Eibachs, is that even though the car is lower, the ride and handling are both better (and they come with new and better 'bump stops') ! ...

Take a look at my "before and after" pictures, in the Gallery ...

However, then there is the issue of the wheels being to far 'inside' the wheel arch - the cure is either new wheels with a lower 'ET' offset, or some decent wheel spacers - I've got +15mm Eibachs all round ...

Remember that the Type S has a wider rear track than a 5-door (+10mm on each hub), so +15mm spacers would be my recommendation ...

Reactions: budd3n

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
if he doesnt want the alloys i wouldnt mind a look at them buddy sorry for hijacking any pics of alloys

·
Supporter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
you have a deal there lee, i dunno if this is breaking the forum rules or anything!? apologies if this is the case as it wasn't my intention!

looking to purchase the springs on payday 2 weeks time... can i pop around and look at the wheels next week?

·
9,228 Posts
the threads that stick through your wheel to fasten the nuts on to. a cheap spacer will push your wheel further away from the thread and too much isnt safe. i have a set of 18's in the shed that are wider due to the offset you can have them for 80quid if you want? eibachs are premium quality progressive springs they are one of the best and i wouldnt fit anything else now
you have a deal there lee, i dunno if this is breaking the forum rules or anything!? apologies if this is the case as it wasn't my intention! looking to purchase the springs on payday 2 weeks time... can i pop around and look at the wheels next week?
Guys - this a "rule breaker" - trading has to be done in the relevant 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' sections ...

·
Supporter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys - this a "rule breaker" - trading has to be done in the relevant 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' sections ...
apologies for the rule break, as you can see it wasn't the intention of the thread! :facepalm:

·
9,228 Posts
apologies for the rule break, as you can see it wasn't the intention of the thread! :facepalm:
Well, it was obvious, that it wasn't intended - but I "blagged" you both to the Mods, just for the hell of it ! :p ...

Reactions: coste1l
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.