2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just joined this forum as I'm hoping for some advice on a Honda Civic 2015 mk9 I'm looking at buying. Used to be on Honda Karma when I had a 2001 Civic. Drove that for about 6 years, and that was pretty much bullet proof. Almost shed a tear when I sold it lol. Got a petrol 2.0 Passat which I drove for 2 years, had a bunch of small, weird issues with it, and now I'm coming full circle back to Honda's.

Anyway, I've seen an approved used 2015 Civic at a Honda dealership which I'm interested in. But I've read on Parkers about a common fault on the mk8 and 9 with the radiator hose clip deteriorating and causing serious problems (Honda Civic used car buying guide). It says "up to 2015", but I don't know if that's including 2015 models. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this problem.

Many thanks

·
Registered
2013 MK9 pre facelift 1.8 TI. Eibach springs and spacers. Michelin PS4’s. Always run on VPower fuel
295 Posts
Me neither. My 2013 Civic has had zero problems.
Likewise my 2013 TI has been good so far, but then I get it serviced regularly and use V Power and always warm it up before booting it. My second civic, first one was a mk7 1.6 sport and had 5 1/2 years of trouble free motoring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts