2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm a new member on this forum and I'm looking to buy my first CR-V. Probably to a 2005 to 2007 model. Preferably petrol since we may be about to be hammered for owning diesel cars.

Can any of the members tell me what are the common problems with them and what to look for when selecting and viewing?

Thanks in advance.:)

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo: Have fun rooting out the info you need.

As a Civic owner, I'll be interested to hear how the CR-V massive reply...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same thoughts as you about a year ago, and I now have an 04 CR-V executive.

My research led me to believe that the Honda 2.0 L petrol engine was one of the most reliable engines available, the rest of the mechanics are definitely up with the best in terms of usability and reliability.

The final decision was that at the age of CR-V that I decided to buy, the difference in price between the various stages of trim was minimal, so I went for the executive to give me leather and sat-nav.

I have now had my car for 10 months and I'm still very glad that I decided to buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Not sure about pre 2007 cars but one thing to check is that there is no shuddering sensation from the car when on full steering lock at low speed. Usually a rear differential oil change cures this but it may be a mechanical problem with the differential. clutch pedal box clicking and master cylinder sqeek are also fairly common I think.

·
Registered
141 Posts
something to think about.......

not sure if its the same on the petrol but the aircon unit takes up a large chunk of the passenger footwell, only a short person (with tiny feet) would be able to sit there without discomfort.
Also the cloth trim passenger seat is not adjustable for height which again means that the passenger isn't well catered for.

not a worry as such for the driver but your nearest and dearest might need some physio after a long trip.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
something to think about.......

not sure if its the same on the petrol but the aircon unit takes up a large chunk of the passenger footwell, only a short person (with tiny feet) would be able to sit there without discomfort.
Also the cloth trim passenger seat is not adjustable for height which again means that the passenger isn't well catered for.

not a worry as such for the driver but your nearest and dearest might need some physio after a long trip.
Good point. Passenger leg room is very poor for a large vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts