2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I need a little advise..

I've got a milltek exhaust from a type r fitted to my 2.2 diesel.

The exhaust hangs a little low for my liking and due to being lowered on collies the exhaust catches on speed humps.

As a result of this, I have a flat area on part of the exhaust which I want to get fixed.

What i need to know is, can I get a custom exhaust place to cut and renew the flat part with stainless steel piping and also modify the exhaust to sit better in the channels?

Or would I be better off getting a new exhaust?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get it cut out and weld a piece of pipe in
Would it reduce the performance of the exhaust if I get another piece of stainless steel pipe welded in of the same diametre as the existing pipework?

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
is the flat bit affecting anything? why not try bending the hangers a bit to cause the exhaust to sit a bit higher under the car? or get shorter exhaust rubbers
cheaper fix that getting exhaust cut and shut.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Get a new exhaust and give this one to me.... But more seriously look at how it hangs and see if you can take it up anywhere you'd be amazed at what a couple of jubilee clips can often do. For a little flat spot i probably wouldnt have thought it would make much difference as it should be flowing more free than oem unit anyway... Sure someone will correct me if I am wrong...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice all.

I dont think shorter exhaust hangers will do the trick because where the top of the exhaust is (engine side) the exhaust pipe is at a fixed angle and there is no movement.

Its hard to describe lol and I dont have a picture at the moment but I think the only option is to get it modified or raise the ride height hehe

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I'll trade you my standard suspension setup for the coilovers... ;)

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll trade you my standard suspension setup for the coilovers... ;)
Got my own standard suspension and exhaust if I wanted to go down that route...:cool:

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
haha never hurts to try!
on a more serious note, good luck sorting it! whats the exhaust note like on the milltek?
anything like the martelius thats been talked about for a while?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha never hurts to try!
on a more serious note, good luck sorting it! whats the exhaust note like on the milltek?
anything like the martelius thats been talked about for a while?

hehe true true "if you don't ask you don't get!" :cool:

The milltek on a diesel is really subtle in comparison to if it was on a type r.

Cruising theres no noticeable noise difference but once you get into the revs there is a subtle note but not as much as the martelius exhaust.

If it's noise you want then martelius is the one :D

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I dont think shorter exhaust hangers will do the trick because where the top of the exhaust is (engine side)
The flexpipe off the cat is more flexible than you'd think, the first hanger on the exhaust is the one that will bring the pipe up making it 'tuck' into the cavity better

you need to bend (slightly) the first hanger higher up and this will raise the rubber mounts :)

good luck pal

Lee, you had it fitted yet !?

we need a national derv meet ;) hehehe

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
never asked mate is it res or non res? mine has no centre box and if its not loud enough im taking the rear box out completely ;)
My one is the non res but its not loud at all. Theres a slight noise at full chat but nothing like the matellieus exhaust.

Would be interesting to hear how loud yours will be without the rear box :cool:

The flexpipe off the cat is more flexible than you'd think, the first hanger on the exhaust is the one that will bring the pipe up making it 'tuck' into the cavity better

you need to bend (slightly) the first hanger higher up and this will raise the rubber mounts :)

good luck pal

Lee, you had it fitted yet !?

we need a national derv meet ;) hehehe
Interesting :D Will give it ago. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: coste1l
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.