2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)

I need a little advice/help for my next mod. Till now I only have the HKS RSK and of course it isn´t enough haha. I´ve looked around much and almost everyone says that you should start with the exhaust or an exhaust manifold. So i´m wondering what to buy haha. I don´t fancy buying things that will need a remap with flashpro (just yet) or things that will make the car not pass "MOT"?. My budget is around 1000£

I´ve been looking at the Piper manifold + sport cat, says it will add 20 hp but that sounds like a joke. But I don´t know at all so any help would be appreciated, i´ve been tired of just having the HKS for a looong time now haha :popcorn:

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
No way a piper manifold & cat will give those sort of gains. Any worthwhile gain would not be had from a mod until you had it mapped anyway. Why don't you look at handling & braking first? Alternatively decide where you want the car to go modification wise and start buying the bits now and get them all fitted when you are ready (patience is really needed for this approach). Good luck.:)

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go visit your neighbours in Finland and get a nice Martelius exhaust.
Haha i´ve been looking on that one and I REALLY LOVE IT! I´m just afraid that the police will stop me before I even get to start it, we have lots of them around here :facepalm: and I dont think it will pass MOT with it´s 100 db, at least not here in Sweden :( Does it still keep the original cat?

until you had it mapped anyway
Thought so aswell :/ maybe i´ll just have to start saving for flashpro then and contact an eTuner? :)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Same in Norway - a 100 db Martelius would be an automatic 'MoT' fail, and also expose you to an on-the-spot fine and vehicle impoundment if stopped by the Police or Roads Agency !

An upgraded exhaust manifold and a Milltek 'catback' exhaust would be my recommendation - and you could also look at a "decat" pipe, which allows you to easily put the 'cat' back in before a vehicle emissions test

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our manifold and catback - fits the budget exactly
Cheers :) how about driving with a stock map and your manifold + catback? And also, how does this "decat pipe" work? :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts