2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've recently had my 2.2 diesel remapped and loving the results although I know I'm going to need my clutch replaced VERY soon as its starting to slip in 3rd,4th,5th and 6th. It's a 2007 and almost at 1000 miles so to be fair the clutch has done the job. What clutch would you guys recommend etc? I appreciate this topic has probably been covered many times but when I do a search I can't find a specific recommendation. Would really love some help with this.

Many thanks,
:D

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Dual Mass Flywheel mate. If you can it's advisable to get it changed at the same time to prolong the life of the new clutch - and also to reduce the amount paid in labour should it need replacing afterwards!

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
/\ dual mass flywheel,
in all honesty you could get a garage to fit another standard clutch, but while running a map, there is a fair chance it could start slipping too.
best bet is to get a paddle clutch and dmf, itll be around 900 note fitted and you can forget about slipping clutches.
on the plus side , with this fitted you can go up to the stage 2 map no worries

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool that makes sense now- thank you guys. I will give these guys a call tomorrow and get a quote. If I get these bits delivered to you think it would be wise to get my local garage to fit it or am I asking for trouble? Sorry guys I know jack about the running of my motor :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.