2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,

When i was washing my baby the other day i noticed as the sun was shining a part of the bonnet looked like it needed t-cut. Its hardly noticeble but its one of those things where .........i no its their. Now the car is only about 10 month old so it cant be possible it needs t-cut.
Took it to the dealers and they asked me to take it to their bodywork depot as they couldnt see anything wrong.When i went the guy i saw ( 1 of their paint technicians) spotted it straight away,and described it as been cloudy in the area of the bonnet i pointed out.He then saw the same on a section of the rear panel.He took some photos and said they would be in touch.They rang today to say i could take it in and they would sort this out if i wanted them to?
I asked why he said that and he told me some people dont want their new cars painted.I can see his point but surely it would be better to get it done rather than every time i either clean it our the sun is out and my attention is brought to this section.
Advise please guys.
Also do you recon they would do a good enough job ( i think so but im a little nervous)

cheers guys

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
I think you should go for it. The dealer seems to be taking a proactive approach and hats off to them. Ultimately it would be an official job by people who hopefully know what they are doing. After all the trouble some members have go to over paintwork this seems like pretty good service. As you say its one of those things that you will continue to notice and it's not going to go away unless you try fix it. I would take them up on their offer.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Paintwork

I think you should go for it. The dealer seems to be taking a proactive approach and hats off to them. Ultimately it would be an official job by people who hopefully know what they are doing. After all the trouble some members have go to over paintwork this seems like pretty good service. As you say its one of those things that you will continue to notice and it's not going to go away unless you try fix it. I would take them up on their offer.
I am with CP on this,when you come to trade in the car a paint fault may lower your trade in value.All the best.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
What colour is you car?

The bonnet on my car has always looked cloudy all over (even before a section of it was repaired) its always irritated me - but apparently there are no problems with my paintwork so I will be very interested to see the outcome of this for you.

My car is silver btw

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Shakie, if these patches have just apppeared there may be more to come. I think I would want to know the cause before getting them fixed.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Hi Shakie, I have this problem too. i am currently in "talks" with my local dealer, my bonnet has the cloudy effect and also appears a shade darker than the rest of the car. The dealer said that Honda has had a few complaints about this and is looking into it, how long that takes I dont know!
I would go for it cause I know how much it annoys me when I see it, let us know how you get on I would be very interested in the outcome.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yep would go along with CP and Alastair on this one[smilie=nod.gif] It would do my head in to know that it was their, and the work will be under warranty at the end of the day [smilie=cheeky-grin: Go for it.
Darkside
P.s. TC I think Shakie's car is Cosmic Grey

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys,

It hasn't just apeared its just i have only had the car a couple of weeks and noticed it when washing it.But the only bits are on the bonnet and the rear panel.My only concern is if i get these 2 parts re done then another part catches my eye....................after all the dealer arnt gona keep just saying yeah bring it back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had cloudy paintwork on my 2004 Civic Sport in Satin Silver.

Mine was done both sides in a long streak.

I rejected the car upon collection. The dealer sourced me another.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Hi Shakie,

Just had a call from the dealer about my "cloudy" bonnet, Honda have finally agreed to a respray. It goes in on the 16th of April and apparently it will take 3 days as they have to blend the colour in with the front wings. If you are still a little unsure I will let you know how it goes!

JoeyF

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Hi RichardC,

I will see what I can sort out tonight although I'm not sure how well it will show on a photo, can but try!!

JoeyF

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Hi RichardC,

Tried to take some photos after work, as I thought the cloudiness dosent show up very well:( , but hopefully you can see enough to understand the problem.
They look a little bitty to me. They are fine before the upload them am I doing something wrong?:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
You were right that it is not very clear on the photo's.
Can only guess if you think it is a shade darker, then they may have tried a repair when the car was PDI'd before delivery and they do not have to advise you of this AFAIK.
Hope all is better after the respray.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Honda asked the dealer about a possible respray before delivery and was told to check the paint thickness, this was done by the dealer and found to be the same thickness all around the car, so the car is just how it left the factory. Just a little annoyed I didn't pick this up on collection. Hey Ho we live and learn!
Just hope its OK after the re-spray.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts