2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined and I'm looking to buy my first Civic (2008 Type S 1.8), any advice would be appreciated.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Look at :-

HPI check
Service history
External panels
Any misaligned parts
Underneath !
Internal wear
Electronics function

And of course, an extended test drive

·
2.2 Type S GT
113 Posts
Welcome!

Things to check:

Wing Mirros - if they fold in without an issues
Windows - do they go up and down without any issues

These are things I never checked and had issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the welcoming comments.

What should I be looking for underneath??

Are there any common faults/recalls that I should be paying particluar attention to in my checks?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Howdy and welcome.
Check wiki out mate ;)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Thanks for all the welcoming comments. What should I be looking for underneath?? Are there any common faults / recalls that I should be paying particluar attention to in my checks? Thanks again.
Underneath - look for any damage to the engine 'pan', exhaust, etc. - signs that the car has been driven over an obstacle

And I can't think of any significant faults / issues with the 2008 model

Hi, checked wiki, just seems to be little niggly problems, are there any common engine/drive problems associated with the 1.8 does anyone know?
Short answer - NO - the 1.8 engine etc. is essentially bullet proof

Reactions: j20but

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Welcome, you should have no issues with the 1.8 engine. As above check all the normal stuff like windows and mirrors folding, take it for a long test drive try to pick a bumpy or rough road.

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome another thing to possible check is for rust on the doors another common issue see this thread on the issue Door Rust

As the others have mentioned read the wiki faults section Im sure someone who also has an iDrive box will be able to help you on your above question.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts