2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fitted mtec grooved disc and ebc yellow pads.

I am not sure what to do next, i would like to get a new clutch but that is out of the budget, so either i get the spring done or as relic advised to some poor noob like me to get a better ride a 17" wheels.

So I'm asking is, is it better for me to get new wheels then get the springs or the other way around?

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love my 2.2, even with it's short comings, so I can't see me trading it in anytime soon. I have the stock 16" I'm just concerned that if I do get those eibach progressive springs it would lower the car far too much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,

I am faced with the same decision at the moment. I planned to get a new Bilstein suspension for about 1000€.

Before I can get that done I have to decide which wheels I want to go with. The German TüV has to change the papers of the car according to the suspension am tires that are on when they check the car after the new suspension has been installed...damn bureaucracy...

In order to not have to go to the TüV twice (one time for the new suspension and again for the new wheels) I should decide right away with which rims I go after installing the new suspension.

I could stick to my OEM type S Rims...... The front wheels are already worn, so it wouldn´t be a waste of money, but I don´t really like the look of them. I would really love the Sparco Asseto Gara rims [smilie=hearts.gif] ...but they will cost about 1600€ incl. tires in 18" :facepalm:

Is it only the look that would be better with 18" or do I have some improvement in handling too. The "Sparco Assseto gara" would be also available in 17"...with the back tires being ok, I would only have to buy two new tires... plus the rims which is about 1000€ in total... At least the car wouldn´t carry alout of weight around (because my wallet would be very empty after spending 2,5k €)

So, what do you think ?

Stay with:

1. Type S OEM rims 17" x 7 with two new tries 225/45 R17 = 280€
2. 17" x 7,5 Sparco Asseto Gara with two new tries 225/45 R17 = 1000€
3. 18" x 8 Sparco Asseto Gara with 225/40 R18 tires = 1600€

Cheers,
Lars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.