Is this a good deal? I'm part exing a 57 type s diesel in red for a ctr gt nav. Type s has 16000 miles on. Type r is brand new - one black one red. 19000 with 11500 for type s. Is this good?
The "R" needs to be closer to £17k to make that a good deal in my opinion. Have you played one dealer off another?Is this a good deal? I'm part exing a 57 type s diesel in red for a ctr gt nav. Type s has 16000 miles on. Type r is brand new - one black one red. 19000 with 11500 for type s. Is this good?
Yeah, bang on - or get more money back for your car - to bridge the £2k Japes has highlighted. It's permissable to expect that, as that's what CTR's can be had for if you push them hard enough - given that it's a Nav, give 'em some leeway, but not too much more than £17k, or less than £13.5k for your motorThe "R" needs to be closer to £17k to make that a good deal in my opinion. Have you played one dealer off another?
Yeah £17k's decent for a Nav, £11.5 for yours, depending on condition/age etc. can either be good or average IMO, - I'd be inclined to work them to bring one of those figures down (£19k) or one of those figures up (£11.5k)Yes. That's what I'm doing. Is 17k realistic for the gt nav model? Is 11500 about right for mine?
Nah, Red's common as muck - but I'm not here to slate the colour, that's your preference really.Thanks for your advice. ideally I want to pay no more than 6k to swap. I really want red again as I think they're more sought after?
Bang on - don't give them satisfaction - CTR's won't stop being produced, you may have to wait a little longer, but you'll end up with one - if you're seriously considering one. But never give in, or give them the satisfaction mate... I'd seriously be inclined to shop around, if your current dealers not the negotiating type.Remember if you don't ask you don't get. Also be willing to get up and walk out. If they can do a deal for what you're willing to pay they'll contact you.
Yeah, because they're not handing over the money. Knock 'em back if you're not satisfied, and tell them to come again.I've emailed several dealers and phoned 3. 2 local dealers are chasing me but they think 18500 - 19000 is a bargain!
Tricks of the trade matey, one chap on here was told they'd stop making 'em and allsorts.Good advice - many thanks. I will play a long game. They tried the another bloke is after the car today and it may sell. It didn't - I was told that 6 days ago!