2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good deal? I'm part exing a 57 type s diesel in red for a ctr gt nav. Type s has 16000 miles on. Type r is brand new - one black one red. 19000 with 11500 for type s. Is this good?

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Is this a good deal? I'm part exing a 57 type s diesel in red for a ctr gt nav. Type s has 16000 miles on. Type r is brand new - one black one red. 19000 with 11500 for type s. Is this good?
The "R" needs to be closer to £17k to make that a good deal in my opinion. Have you played one dealer off another?

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
The "R" needs to be closer to £17k to make that a good deal in my opinion. Have you played one dealer off another?
Yeah, bang on - or get more money back for your car - to bridge the £2k Japes has highlighted. It's permissable to expect that, as that's what CTR's can be had for if you push them hard enough - given that it's a Nav, give 'em some leeway, but not too much more than £17k, or less than £13.5k for your motor :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. That's what I'm doing. Is 17k realistic for the gt nav model? Is 11500 about right for mine?

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Yes. That's what I'm doing. Is 17k realistic for the gt nav model? Is 11500 about right for mine?
Yeah £17k's decent for a Nav, £11.5 for yours, depending on condition/age etc. can either be good or average IMO, - I'd be inclined to work them to bring one of those figures down (£19k) or one of those figures up (£11.5k)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A dealer has offered a figure to change now of 7000 on a crystal black nav. 11500 for mine and 18500 for the ctr

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your advice. ideally I want to pay no more than 6k to swap. I really want red again as I think they're more sought after?

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Thanks for your advice. ideally I want to pay no more than 6k to swap. I really want red again as I think they're more sought after?
Nah, Red's common as muck - but I'm not here to slate the colour, that's your preference really.

Tell the dealer that you're not prepared to pay more than £6k - it's upto him if he wants the business then.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Remember if you don't ask you don't get. Also be willing to get up and walk out. If they can do a deal for what you're willing to pay they'll contact you. :)
Bang on - don't give them satisfaction - CTR's won't stop being produced, you may have to wait a little longer, but you'll end up with one - if you're seriously considering one. But never give in, or give them the satisfaction mate... I'd seriously be inclined to shop around, if your current dealers not the negotiating type.

Edit: @ Dimply, sorry bud.. yeah popular :razz:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've emailed several dealers and phoned 3. 2 local dealers are chasing me but they think 18500 - 19000 is a bargain!

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
I've emailed several dealers and phoned 3. 2 local dealers are chasing me but they think 18500 - 19000 is a bargain!
Yeah, because they're not handing over the money. Knock 'em back if you're not satisfied, and tell them to come again.

Tell 'em your a serious buyer, and that if they want the business, the honess is on them to sell YOU the car, and that the right deal will seal it.

Leave the ball in their court until the figures stack up in your favour. Seriously, I paid a lot more for mine than necessary just through an over zealous and impatient approach (not suggesting that, that's what you're doing - but patience really is a virtue with dealers, it's all a game).

I lost out on the value of my car (trade-in) - and paid list too. When people at the same time bought Type-R's on better deals.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good advice - many thanks. I will play a long game. They tried the another bloke is after the car today and it may sell. It didn't - I was told that 6 days ago!

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Also bear in mind that with the vast majority of 59 plate sales now completed and Christmas only 8 weeks away the dealers sales are bound to be dwindling... they still have targets to meet though and the same profit margins to work off, so you're coming into a good time period to buy... as others have said, haggle hard and be prepared to walk away and I'm sure you can get it down near 17k..

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Good advice - many thanks. I will play a long game. They tried the another bloke is after the car today and it may sell. It didn't - I was told that 6 days ago!
Tricks of the trade matey, one chap on here was told they'd stop making 'em and allsorts. :rolleyes:

End of the day, their job is to sell cars not stall you buying. So let them do their job.

If you get to a gridlock situation, I'd ask for all of the optional extras to be included, if they can't bring the price down - try everything, becasue these are the same buggers that change as soon as they've sold you the car and you have problems with it (If you are unlucky enough to experience any)

Not all dealers are bad, but the majority are only "Yes Sir, no sir, three bag's full sir " until they've got the deposit, and the finance agreement signed for - then it's "we'll call you to collect the car" - and basically be gone with you.:D Until we need your money for a service. Cynical yeah perhaps, but I've experienced it first hand a fair few times so.. Make 'em work for your business..(Sorry to confuse the issue - this is for another thread! :D)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will go on a wider trawl next week to see what deals can be had nationally. Thanks again everyone.:eek:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts