2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone out there has got a AEM induction v2 fitted to there new type R,

I have read a few of the post's on here and people complain about flat spots around the 3k rev limit... more so when the engine is hot ???

How much more bhp would i get ? 5-10 extra hp ?

is there still a problem with the flat spot or has this now been fixed.

thanks in advance.

montymole

·
Registered
414 Posts
I know that ABP MOTORSPORT in Shavington (Crewe) have got one fitted to their FN2 have a look at the video of it on youtube search "ABP MOTORSPORT AEM INTAKE" or give them a ring on 01270 567177 and ask to speak to chris as he drives it everyday.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i dont think they have for the FN2 yet, but i dont think it will be long before a GruppeM one will be available designed in the same way as the one for the EP3 Type R where you have a moddified scuttle panel with a cold air feed at the top of the bonnet.

·
Banned
118 Posts
i got aem on my fn2 not a v2 but recently at a rolling road another fn2 with the pipercross and the milltek exhaust system came off with 205bhp and mine rolled off with 208bhp i find mine ok now and then a little flat spot but nothing to write home about.
the noise is great anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm mixed resualts then really.... i guess it might be worth waiting a bit longer then....i think i will give abp a call.....thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts