2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the AEM cold air intake kit require remapping after installation? as my check engine light is on after installation... any prossiable solution please, thanks you:(:confused::confused:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Nothing can remove the flat spot from the intake, really youve bought just about the worst one out there! Most people have seen a loss in BHP from fitting one of these!

Unfortunately the minimum for an intake you should go for is the HKS Racing Suction Kit, which is around £350.

Regarding the original post, possibly fitted incorrectly?? This intake shouldnt produce an engine check light...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Nothing can remove the flat spot from the intake, really youve bought just about the worst one out there! Most people have seen a loss in BHP from fitting one of these!

Unfortunately the minimum for an intake you should go for is the HKS Racing Suction Kit, which is around £350.

Regarding the original post, possibly fitted incorrectly?? This intake shouldnt produce an engine check light...
I assume he means the cold air version not the AEM SRI.

If its a cold air version it should be good, but it will require mapping.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, it is the AEM cold air intake, phoned ABP this morning and they siad this will be just a direct replacement of the oem intake and wont need any remapping. so just wondering need to clean out my MAF sensor than reset ECU maybe...

I assume he means the cold air version not the AEM SRI.

If its a cold air version it should be good, but it will require mapping.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i got that money i will go for hks for sure...:(:(

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Check light will probably be on if straight away as you hadn't plugged the MAF sensor back in when you turned the ignition so it's stored in memory. This needs to be reset.

Car will drive ok and doesnt NEED remap but it will help as you will feel a flat spot if you floor it when pulling away hard.

This flatspot is caused by disturbance over the sensor and it overfuels for a split second. This can also throw up a fuelling check code so just be aware. Not a problem just side effect. ;)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Check light will probably be on if straight away as you hadn't plugged the MAF sensor back in when you turned the ignition so it's stored in memory. This needs to be reset.

Car will drive ok and doesnt NEED remap but it will help as you will feel a flat spot if you floor it when pulling away hard.

This flatspot is caused by disturbance over the sensor and it overfuels for a split second. This can also throw up a fuelling check code so just be aware. Not a problem just side effect. ;)
Top reply :D

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks so much for the info, the check engine light not on straight away, it start to came on about 2 days after the intake been installed. what is the best way to reset it to get rid of the error light then? as the light is on all the time, really annoying:confused::(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had exactly the same problem on mine mate, posted on here and everyone said don't get one without a flash pro. I got told the MAF sensor needs re-calibrating for it to run smoothly. I took mine off and sold it !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.