2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been looking for some new, lighter seats the past few days. A few different brands have caught my eye, obviously Bride being one of them, but the price is massive, about £1K per seat. So what do you guys think of the following:

Corbeau RRB (weight 11kg)

Sparco R505 TORINO (weight 20kgs)

Buddyclub Racing Spec (weight not known)

I've just spoken to Buddyclub UK, who were the most unhelpful brain dead Lancashire hot pot eating dudes I've even chatted with so might not be able to consider them as BCUK wouldnt supply me with a price.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I like the look of the Corbeau's, look like the OEM seats that Recaro supply to other car manufacturers. PLus side is they are real light.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
I use to love the sparco torino's...back in 2003 when I had the carnoissuer catalogue..

Id go with the ones dawid has on his..that or buddyclubs..reasonably priced and light too :)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the look of the Corbeau's, look like the OEM seats that Recaro supply to other car manufacturers. PLus side is they are real light.
I was leaning towards them too but then I came across the Buddyclubs which I think look brilliant and Buddyclub is a Jap brand so still sticking with the JDM theme of my car.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
out of those 3 it would be Corbeau, also buddy club make seat rails now for the fn and are way cheaper than the js ;)

im looking at seats at the minute aswell might go for the pole postions arond £500 a seat and weight some thing like 5kg?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
out of those 3 it would be Corbeau, also buddy club make seat rails now for the fn and are way cheaper than the js ;)

im looking at seats at the minute aswell might go for the pole postions arond £500 a seat and weight some thing like 5kg?
Any links to the Buddyclub seats rails for the FN Chris?

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
how heavy are the standard ones? I'd only pay big money if there was a considerable weight saving personally.. corbeaus and buddy club look nice to me though

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
thats a big saving then if you did both seats for the corbeaus...

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
This is something I'm in the process of now for the FD2. OK, as a rule of thumb, a fixed back seat will be much lighter than a recliner. I've used Recaro Pole Positions and they 7.8kgs per shell IIRC. The Buddy Club seat rails (code for FD2 = BC08-RSBSRFG2-L andBC08-RSBSRFG2-R for L and R respectively - dunno what FN2 code is) I have been told will work with any sidemount seat. I have a set sitting next to me and they weigh 4.3kg per seat (yes I weighed them!). So add 4.3kg to any shell weight to get total weight. Not sure what the FN2 OEM seat weight is but I have heard around 25-27kgs. You won't get down to around 5kg per shell unless you go for carbon seats - budget anything from £1100 upwards per shell!

Recaro Pole Positions are very comfortable - had them in the Impreza and drove 400 miles at a time with ease. However, they shot up in price to about £545 per seat now. The problem with some JDM shells such as Bride, Buddy Club etc (apart from cost due to exchange rate) is that they're built for the Jap physique - they tend to be much narrower at the shoulders than we are - which means it may not suit anyone who's less then slender all the way up!

I'm going for Corbeau Pro Series which are British built (yay!), light (7kgs) and have extra padding making them suitable for road car:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts