2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... one happy croatian guy finally got his dreamcar - Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI Sport. Black suits it perfectly.

So hello to everyone, i'll be seeing you around on these excellent forums! :D

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Hello and welcome joora, you will find plenty of good information here.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
and plenty of people who agree with your colour choice :wink:

welcome aboard sir :D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Diesel and Black.

The BEST choice.

Endless fun in a smart looking car.

Watch those rev counter lights light up on the dash...........

Enjoy

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi and a big warm welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Civic :lol: :lol:

Velocity :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, made only a few pics tonight, cannot...waste...time...on...taking...pics...must...drive...more :)

Here they are, will make some more soon. The car is the act of beauty :D

The shots don't do it justice, gotta wash the car and take a few daily ones, and night ones with the tripod.

As for the car itself, i absolutely love it, the only thing that i feel could be better done is the silver plastic around the door handles (where the window switches are placed). While other silver plastic looks decent (altho we would all like that it's made of aluminium :) ), that plastic around the handles just looks too plasticly. But i feel that i've started nitpicking because the car is absolutely perfect.

I would say that because of the unique design of the exterior, and even more because of the stunning interior, there is no car in it's class that is even close to the visual impact of honda civic. After test driving honda 8 months ago, every car that i placed my foot into looked just sooo plane and dull and boring inside :)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
welcome car looks great enjoy it to the Max

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts

I mite be nitpicking but for the price of the cvic dont u excpet body colured plastics ? runies the look for a super car
dont get me wrong its not all the world but wouldnt it look so much better if they paint them arch plastics ?
Is there any colours that they dont stand out on ? Is it right that the black stone chips badly ? What is the best colour to keep the stone chip at bay? Also do u need the key in the ingnion to start the car , or is it like other with start buttons in your pocket is good enough ? I love than dials more everytime i see then . :twisted:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
IWANTACIVIC said:
I mite be nitpicking but for the price of the cvic dont u excpet body colured plastics ? runies the look for a super car
dont get me wrong its not all the world but wouldnt it look so much better if they paint them arch plastics ?
Is there any colours that they dont stand out on ? Is it right that the black stone chips badly ? What is the best colour to keep the stone chip at bay? Also do u need the key in the ingnion to start the car , or is it like other with start buttons in your pocket is good enough ? I love than dials more everytime i see then .

Hi there,

We've had a lot of discussion (and rant) about the plastics. You can search the forum for those if you want, but basically there are many varying opinions on the matter. Basegreen may be the first to tell you he'd love to have them body coloured instead of the normal grey. Most people don't seem to mind though, and I'm one of them.

You can check out what it would look like
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642

The best match with those plastics is Cosmic Grey I think, but you probably aren't able to buy one anymore as that colour option was going to be dropped a couple of months ago. Night hawk black on the other hand hides the black plastics around the windows, but as you said, it's quite prone to chip. The undercoat is white and those chips are therefore even more visible. There's been some discussion of the thickness of the paint not being quite up to standards on some cars but those have been isolated cases and all cars as far as I know are not affected by this.

The Civic has a normal old school key which you have to insert and turn to position II and then you press the start button. A bit pointless, but seems to bring a smile on most drivers' faces.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Is there any colours that they dont stand out on ? Is it right that the black stone chips badly ? What is the best colour to keep the stone chip at bay? Also do u need the key in the ingnion to start the car , or is it like other with start buttons in your pocket is good enough ? I love than dials more everytime i see then . :twisted:
Well, the plastics on the black one doesn't stand out that much, so i don't have problem with it. I was considering cosmic gray, but that color somewhat makes civic look more conservative (IMO!). The red really doesn't fit because of the grey plastic and black around windows. The black one has a really strong appearance because of the high contrast with silver fog lights and front grille, and red rear lights. Somehow it looks most dynamic of the bunch.

As for the stone chips, i have it for less than a week so i'm not able to comment on that. I keep my finger crossed that it won't be much of an issue.

the start button thing was already answered, and i will only add that it DOES bring a smile on the drivers face :)

As for the dashboard, it's absolutely orgasmic. Especially in the night. I don't know any non-exotic car with such nice looking dash.

Anyway, the new civic is a very nice car, and i find myself nitpicking every day in an effort to find the bad things about it...

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
As the owner of a Cosmic Grey UFO, may I welcome you to the Forum.

Cheers

Elis

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Just goes to show how different and varied everyones view is, I think the Red looks great with the dark plastic, I would agree that the grey is too conservative, hence my choice of BRIGHT RED. At least on most of the car.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Hi there,

We've had a lot of discussion (and rant) about the plastics. You can search the forum for those if you want, but basically there are many varying opinions on the matter. Basegreen may be the first to tell you he'd love to have them body coloured instead of the normal grey. Most people don't seem to mind though, and I'm one of them.

You can check out what it would look likehttp://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642

The best match with those plastics is Cosmic Grey I think, but you probably aren't able to buy one anymore as that colour option was going to be dropped a couple of months ago. Night hawk black on the other hand hides the black plastics around the windows, but as you said, it's quite prone to chip. The undercoat is white and those chips are therefore even more visible. There's been some discussion of the thickness of the paint not being quite up to standards on some cars but those have been isolated cases and all cars as far as I know are not affected by this.

The Civic has a normal old school key which you have to insert and turn to position II and then you press the start button. A bit pointless, but seems to bring a smile on most drivers' faces.
I don't necessarily want them to be body coloured. They look fine on the cosmic for example. OKayish on the NHB. The blue looks pretty bad with the grey trim, and the red... not sure about that. It would look nicer matched IMO.

It's all about personal tastes - I just don't like contrasting body bits myself.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, today i had a small sontact with the sidewalk edge while parking :oops: The front bumper is really low, and i'm not used to it yet. Anyway, i was glad that the lower part of the bumper isn't colour coded, because i'm sure that the insignificant contact like that would leave white marks of doom :) But this way there ain't even a smallest scratch.

Also have put some more pics in the gallery - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1260

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome to the site Joora.

One of my clients had a similar experience with plastics. Saved getting a new wing, I like it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts