2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I can only spend around 4000 for a Civic. I have found a few but they have done around 100000 miles and some are diesels.
I need some advice because I don't want to end up paying for service.
I am concerned about the 100000 mark and fear that with that use the interior might start to rattle or the electronics might go. But for that price...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Its likely the interior will be rattling by 1k, almost all rattles are fixable if you can be bothered. As for electrics I really don't think there are too many problems with electrics on Honda as far as I can tell- at least this forum is not jammed full of serious electrical issues. Even at 100K you should be able to get a fairly decent car if its been cared for. The problem is knowing its been cared for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I agree, with full history it might have a chance.
Has anyone had a diesel or petrol beyond the 100000 mark?
I wonder if it's worth a full mechanical inspection, if there is such a thing.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
My 2.2 Diesel has 110,000 on the clock & still going very very very strong.
Just the very occasional minor rattle from the interior, but no wear & tear on the seats or carpet at all.
All electrics are spot on-To me honest I have zero issues with my car. And with my mods I'm loving the Way Of The Civic.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I drove civic today but the steering felt a little heavy on the right turn compared to the left [100000 diesel]

On a hunt for a diesel or petrol with low miles

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
My diesel has circa 80k and is running absolutely perfectly, I wouldn't expect any modern engine to be struggling at even 150k nevermind 100. I wouldn't entertain £5k for my 57 EX nevermind 4 so I'd suggest any diesel at that price needs a very good looking over.

Not sure if you'll be able to pick up an older petrol, if so I'd say that'd be a safer bet.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My diesel is on 170k and still works great no problems

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts