2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share my ride with you guys, got it from the dealer on tuesday and finally after yesterdays fantastic weather managed to give it a good clean!

The dealer had put lowered springs on it... dunno if you could tell and 2bf i know im a Noob about these things so I'm going in to the dealer tomorrow to ask what was actually put on.. all i can tell you is the springs are yellow :confused:

Anyway... I'm waiting on my Hekos to arrive too

Loveee the colour, definately the best one.....:worms:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Looks good mate.
Yellow springs are usually apex, seems to sit very low at the back.

Reactions: Phat Panda

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's sitting quite low all round, it's also on a slight slope which you can't see.. Do you think it's too low? And again another noob question.. Apex any good?

·
**Generating Gloss**
1,280 Posts
Nice! Lovely to see you are looking after it even though you've not owned it for long. Looks tidy and very low. Hope it is easy to drive at that height and no cambers or too many speed bumps to negotiate over.
If it is Apex, I've seen that name around a lot. Not owned a set myself so can't comment on how they are like. But it's a reputable name.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
It's sitting quite low all round, it's also on a slight slope which you can't see.. Do you think it's too low? And again another noob question.. Apex any good?
As far as i know apex springs are good.
Car looks good to me, its your car so only you can decide if its to low for you.

I have eibach 15mm fitted to mine and I'm happy with that as i struggle with some speed bumps with them fitted so i would want anymore on the front, however the rear could maybe do with a bit more on mine but is good just now as it prevents any rubbing when i have a full boot or rear passengers.

Reactions: Phat Panda

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for that guys great help. I'm quite happy with the springs so far I just suspected the dealer would have put some terrible ones on and just because I'm a 'youngster' I'd have been happy that it was lowered.... But I may go and hug the bloke if they are any good haha will find out for certain tomorrow when I go in for some little bits and pieces that need doing...

The ride is a little harsh but I still have all my fillings :D

Won't be putting many people in the back... Been used to the CRZ where nobody would fit in the back haha although I did manage to fit a small fridge in the boot yesterday and it didn't rub...

Gotta take care of the car and give it a nice clean every now and again! Cos in the end it looks after you! Haha

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
You can ask the dealer for certain what springs are fitted, I'm just guessing at apex because of the colour.

As long as your happy with thats the main thing, there is plenty of guys on here willing to help with cleaning and polishing which will help keep it good.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm happy with the car I just didn't want terrible components put on if they were to just make it worse.

I haven't used any wax on it yet, just washed, clay barred it then polished it... Forgotten the name of the bar and polish will just go look now..

·
**Generating Gloss**
1,280 Posts
Yeah it's always recommended to apply a wax after you clay. Unless that's what your ant by when you said polish. I hardly carry passengers. And when I do, I have to watch th get in and out, like a hawk. Don't want no grubby finger prints anywhere lol :D

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll need to go read my car cleaning stuff carefully now :facepalm:

General consensus is Apex are ok then? Feel free to be brutally honest lol

Also whilst I'm at it.. On the first picture the dark grey across the bottom of the grill, is that standard?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it's always recommended to apply a wax after you clay. Unless that's what your ant by when you said polish. I hardly carry passengers. And when I do, I have to watch th get in and out, like a hawk. Don't want no grubby finger prints anywhere lol :D
Haha nobody gets in my car without filling in a consent form ;) 1) so they don't dirty it and 2) in case I crash :D

I used to have a type S and had a mate with the 2.2 diesel 5 door.. He smashed it up with a full load in the car, went through a telegraph pole and all over the road, everyone got out absolutely fine with not even a scratch (off topic a little I know but felt like a good time to say it haha)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Also whilst I'm at it.. On the first picture the dark grey across the bottom of the grill, is that standard?

The dark grey bit on the grille is standard.

·
Registered
274 Posts
APEX is good enough, my friend has got it, almost 4 years in his 4D. No problem with it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts