2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I own a civic 10g sport plus, which has the keyless entry feature.
I'm looking to buy an after market alarm, because the one installed is really basic (it triggers only when the doors get open!).
It has to play well with the keyless entry, so that I don't have to carry any additional remote. The alarm should switch on when the car gets locked and switch off when the car gets unlocked (through the keyless entry).
Additionally the alarm should have all kind of sensors, like g-shock, etc.

A plus would be if it also offered gps tracking and alerting via sms short messaging.

Any suggestions?

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Honda offer a plug in device which tells you the cars health as well as it's location. It will also message you when your car leaves a specific area, say for example your home. Having jacked my car when it locked itself and I was doing work, the alarm went off - suggesting that there is already some form of anti tow feature in the alarm system.

I have had a secondary tracker fitted on the car which I am told is very very very very difficult to know where it is and to gain access to it :)

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Higgo8! I'm looking for an alarm system and GPS tracker that can be plugged in the CAN BUS of the car, so that the security system can be armed/disarmed when the car is locked/unlocked without need for an extra remote control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts