2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently fitting a reversing camera to the Pioneer double din headunit in my car, I've run the wire for the camera, sited it and stuck it in place and jury rigged it to test it works ok, last thing I need to do is find a power feed for the reverse light switch thingy on the unit so it will swap to the camera view when I select reverse, Obviously I could run a wire to the rear and take a feed off of the reverse lights themselves, but I was kind of hoping to not have to go through having to run and route another wire all through the boot lid again if poss, so my question to you guys is - is there a wire feed somewhere under the dash (preferably around the centre console area (being as i have it all out at the moment!) that I could poach a feed off of - instead of having to run another wire all the way to the rear again???:confused:

Any of you done this, and as such are able to point me in the right direction!?

Looked at the old threads on here, but they reference running the wire to the rear or taking a feed off of some wiring under the dash - but only for the factory fit nav models as far as I can see!

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hook into the reversing lamp on the tailgate, worked for me ;)

Example; http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/109247-reverse-camera-wiring-help.html
Ahh, read that link and kept seeing references to the "option socket" in the inner fuse panel, sounds like that contains all the connections I'll need (assuming it isn't already used by something else anyway), but even if it is it sounds like there'll be wires/pins I can use that are exactly what I need (reverse switch,switched live etc)

I'll try and find that today and test the connections for what I need, but it sounds like I'm sorted!

Cheers fella;)

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Ah, now i see that you wanted a HU feed for reverse #mybad

Doesn't your HU automatically switch to the reversing camera when it powers up? The OEM HU does.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, now i see that you wanted a HU feed for reverse #mybad

Doesn't your HU automatically switch to the reversing camera when it powers up? The OEM HU does.
Nah, there's a wire marked as 'Reverse camera feed' (purple wire) that I jury rigged to the reversing light last night and when that's wired then yes, it will automatically switch to the rear view screen.

Just been and looked and found the interior fuse box and the option connector, and I've tested and found the relevant wire that powers up when you select reverse so I'm sorted there as I now don't have to run another cable to the back of the car!:cool:

One question though, what would constitute as an "option", as mine has the connector fitted into this socket with a wiring loom that disappears off to god knows where!?!

Is this where stuff like cruise control is powered from!?, not that it matters really, just curious as the piccie on that thread you linked doesn't have the connector fitted??

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Glad you figured out the option connector would work for you, not that I helped much #musttryharder

Hmmm, interesting question. I thought the option connector was surplus to the OEM kit?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you figured out the option connector would work for you, not that I helped much #musttryharder

Hmmm, interesting question. I thought the option connector was surplus to the OEM kit?
You definitely helped, I wouldn't have even known about the option connector if you hadn't linked that other thread for me to see!

As for what gets attached to it, then it's a mystery to me, but I'd guess not every car has cruise cont, I have the footwell lighting kit (although I don't think that's wired in there!), mine has the headlamp washers and HID's too I think being a 2010 model, other than those I can't raeally think what else would class as "options" and as such be connected on some cars - but not others!??

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
You definitely helped, I wouldn't have even known about the option connector if you hadn't linked that other thread for me to see!
Phew, that's alright then!
As for what gets attached to it, then it's a mystery to me, but I'd guess not every car has cruise cont, I have the footwell lighting kit (although I don't think that's wired in there!), mine has the headlamp washers and HID's too I think being a 2010 model, other than those I can't really think what else would class as "options" and as such be connected on some cars - but not others!??
Footwell lights are a possibility.

Mine is an '06 EX with HID's and my option connector was unused, not now tho! :)

PS: do you need to update your profile as it says you have a 2007 Civic...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cameras in and working!:cool:

Also found I have a busted brake light bulb too which I didn't know about so that's handy!

Atleast I can start rebuilding the interior!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts