2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Do you think, there is/will be a possible way of connecting our own cameras to the exciting Satnav systems, for the owners that didn’t opted to pay for this £300 option? (rear view camera)

I was looking at something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRED-SECURIT...3QQihZ017QQcategoryZ48632QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem


The other question is, would the wiring loom be there already? So we wouldn’t have to pull our cars apart to do this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
you will need to keep and eye on the focal point. I think the honda one is quite a wide angle so you can see all round

Mal
 

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
Maldax said:
you will need to keep and eye on the focal point. I think the honda one is quite a wide angle so you can see all round

Mal
Agree with Madax - the honda rear view camera is an extremely wide angle. You can see as close as 15cm and as far as infinity for the full width of the car. Search out the post from Pottsy showing photos of the view from inside the car and from outside. 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
785 Posts
Any bank robbers on here? You know those hollywood movies where they tap into the cctv cable and send a different picture to the security guards... who can tap into the rear view camera cable and hook up a DVD player then? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now There’s a good idea too ……… so we need a wide angle rear view camera , and a DVD player hook up :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
833 Posts
Fedorov said:
Any bank robbers on here? You know those hollywood movies where they tap into the cctv cable and send a different picture to the security guards... who can tap into the rear view camera cable and hook up a DVD player then? ;)
Get the HU aux sorted and then we'll have sound too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a go at taking the back panels off over the weekend to see if I could find some sort of wiring loom for the camera, bit of a pointless excessive as I don’t really know what I’m looking for ,but what the heck , anyway the net of it all is I’m 99% sure there is nothing already there in the original wiring loom, waiting for us to uses :-(.

So if we find a way of adding our own camera, it looks like we will have to take the car apart :-(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
56 Posts
From the rearview camera system owners manual the wiring loom colour id's are as follows -

Red - VCC
Black- GND
Brown - Shield
Blue/Black - Camera detection
White - Video GND
Yellow - Video

If this helps anyone!
 

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
Jeffao said:
From the rearview camera system owners manual the wiring loom colour id's are as follows -

!
:? What 'rearview camera system owners manual'. I had the camera fitted from new but did not get a 'owners manual', does this mean another Honda dealership shortchange :?: :x :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
WoolyCiv said:
:? What 'rearview camera system owners manual'. I had the camera fitted from new but did not get a 'owners manual', does this mean another Honda dealership shortchange :?: :x :x
Yes, you should have got one. its got 11 pages of English (+French, German, Dutch, Italian). Not a lot, but some of it is quite useful,

Given that it contains the paragraph: "The owner's manual should be considered a permanent part of your car. It should remain with the car at all times and stay with the car if it is sold.", I suggest you go to your dealer and explain this in (polite) words of one syllable. Any problems, ask for a refund (in writing) and contact Honda Customer Services
 

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
Ancient Nerd said:
WoolyCiv said:
:? What 'rearview camera system owners manual'. I had the camera fitted from new but did not get a 'owners manual', does this mean another Honda dealership shortchange :?: :x :x
Yes, you should have got one. its got 11 pages of English (+French, German, Dutch, Italian). Not a lot, but some of it is quite useful,

Given that it contains the paragraph: "The owner's manual should be considered a permanent part of your car. It should remain with the car at all times and stay with the car if it is sold.", I suggest you go to your dealer and explain this in (polite) words of one syllable. Any problems, ask for a refund (in writing) and contact Honda Customer Services
:evil: Thanks for that - I will contact them to-morrow. Mind you it does not surprise me, when I collected the car after driving away, discovered that it had the wrong registration plates fitted, had not had the kick plates fitted on the door sills, had not had the floor mat retainer fitted and due to this site found out that after the retainer had been fitted it was fitted incorrectly!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
WoolyCiv said:
when I collected the car after driving away, discovered that it had the wrong registration plates fitted
Hope you took it past a few speed cams ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
WoolyCiv said:
:evil: Thanks for that - I will contact them to-morrow. Mind you it does not surprise me, when I collected the car after driving away, discovered that it had the wrong registration plates fitted, had not had the kick plates fitted on the door sills, had not had the floor mat retainer fitted and due to this site found out that after the retainer had been fitted it was fitted incorrectly!!!
[/rant mode] Are you sure you didn't buy it from a Renault dealer by mistake? :? [/rant mode]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
I didn't get a booklet for the rear parking camera either, also found out (from this site) that the mat retainer isn't fitted properley - that'll be an interesting conversation with the dealer. I had to wait for weeks for a new tow eye cover (I had a blueish silver one and a cosmic grey one when I picked it up). Ah well at least I've dealt with renault dealers and nothing much fazes me :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
833 Posts
WoolyCiv said:
:evil: Thanks for that - I will contact them to-morrow. Mind you it does not surprise me, when I collected the car after driving away, discovered that it had the wrong registration plates fitted, had not had the kick plates fitted on the door sills, had not had the floor mat retainer fitted and due to this site found out that after the retainer had been fitted it was fitted incorrectly!!!
You sure that you didn't just get the wrong car??
 

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
That thought did cross my mind! It also crossed my mind that front and rear might be different, but they were both wrong. Worried me about being pulled by one of the vans with number plate recognition (Theres plenty about in this area), no insurance no road tax etc espespecially as I had driven around 25 miles awy from the dealer before finding out about the plates and it was 7:30 pm with the garage closed for the night. The thought of driving to work then to the garage the next day was a bit daunting as I knew I would have to pass at least 2 sites where they position the number plate recognition vehicles. Anyhow got them changed and I am very happy with car if not with the dealer.
Should we have a thread where we rate the different dealers, I think it could be an interesting read :twisted: :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
My dealer sent me on my merry way without a tax disc! It turned up a day later (after them swearing blind that they had put it in the book pack) under a different car on the forecourt and they only discovered this when another customer handed it in to them.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top