2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Civic 1.4 i-DSi for two months now and driven 4500km with it and here are my findings so far.

First of all I thought by having a 2007 model I was free of all the bugs which dominated the first series, but unfortunately that was wishful thinking. I have been to the dealers three times now and I have to plan another one. With my last Civic (a 1998 1.8 VTi) I get to the dealer one time a year for my service!

Okay, what has happened so far:
- fuel filler cap! Yes! Amazing after all those problems. Fixed by dealer with the new clip.
- rubber strip above front window replaced under warranty
- left front foglight smashed and replaced again
- knokking sound from suspension when coming down from speed bump or driving through hole. This supposed to be fixed by dealer last week but he find a rubber seal came loose and he never saw that before. He send pics of it to Honda (is it a new bug??) He put the seal back but is already loose again.

Is it all bad news then? No, not at all. I still love the looks and the space inside. It is quiet (except for the odd knocking) and has a perfect MPG (or LPK as we use here in Holland)

But I am dissapointed with the quality Honda is presenting with the new Civic, esspecially after driving two Civics before (1994 and 1998) which were flawless.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Hi PeterT,

Did you had to pay for the front fog lights when they where replaced?

Thanks,
Meino

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Meino.

The foglight was charged to me at the enormous price of 208 euros. I am not happy with this at all and I send a copy of the bill to Honda Holland and a letter telling them I will not pay for a design fault. Esspecially with all the various prices concerning this fog light.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Please keep us informed. Maybe I have to do the same thing. They quoted me 235 euro incl fitting. My car is a lease car, so no problem you think, but because it's not covered by the insurance, I have to pay 'eigen risico', which is around 135 euro. Had to pay it a few weeks ago cause some idiot wasn't able to park and off course he didn't leave a note or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts