2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

has anyone fitted an aftermarket android head unit to upgrade the stock basick trim level headunit? There exist few such headunits, I have found one called phoenix here

There are also some youtube videos showing the installation and the usage of it, it seems that it is plug and play although the videos are for the american civic. I have already sent an email to them asking if it fits the european models and I will post any update here.

Does any fellow member have installed such a headunit on its 10g civic?

·
Super Moderator
21,005 Posts
The main problem you are up against is that the supplied headunit is heavily integrated into the electronics and some diagnostics. Has been for some years now.

If you change it you will have loads of issues to solve.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main problem you are up against is that the supplied headunit is heavily integrated into the electronics and some diagnostics. Has been for some years now.

If you change it you will have loads of issues to solve.
Thanks for the answer. You mean the stock headunit is heavily integrated? The basic stock headunit? The "dumb" 5" inch one with just the radio functionalities, not the 7" android. My main reason for upgrading the stock unit is to get rear-camera and navigation, with the 5" one this is impossible. Upgrading to the 7" stock unit means basically to move to the next trim level which is 4000 euros more expensive :( .

Could you please pinpoint me some of the issues that might come up upon replacing it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the relevant page on the american civic forum is here https://www.civicx.com/threads/9-aftermarket-android-head-unit-feature-overview-installation.17034/. Can't see any major problem, it looks like it integrates well with most functions of the car like A/C and steering wheel controls (there are some posts about problematic steering wheel controls but it seems it was a faulty headunit).

If somebody has more insight about problems that this installation may cause please provide any info on this thread.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Interesting. It looks like the Honda climate control and trip computer screens can be displayed on the aftermarket unit. When I first saw the 10G climate control screen I thought it would completely preclude the installation of an aftermarket unit.

What about all the vehicle settings menus that appear on the factory unit? Such as lighting settings, instrument configuration, door unlocking settings, TPMS reset, camera grid line settings, alert settings etc... to name just a few that I can think of now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts