2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, thought I'd ask the question (even though I still have a long wait) but I have started thinking about whether to go all out and get a "multimedia system" fitted eg two LCD TFT screens built in to the headrests plus a DVD player installed somewhere. Whilst making a few speculative calls to a few places in London one of them asked if I wanted a screen in the passenger sun visor and I wonder how this might go if the sun visor has writing all over it !!

Any views/pics available ? Not even sure what size screen would fit, 6.5" widescreen ?

Any one else contemplating this (and I guessing its the family crew with the all to famiiar screaming kids in the back !!!!)

Thxs

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Newboy said:
Sorry, thought I'd ask the question (even though I still have a long wait) but I have started thinking about whether to go all out and get a "multimedia system" fitted eg two LCD TFT screens built in to the headrests plus a DVD player installed somewhere. Whilst making a few speculative calls to a few places in London one of them asked if I wanted a screen in the passenger sun visor and I wonder how this might go if the sun visor has writing all over it !!

Any views/pics available ? Not even sure what size screen would fit, 6.5" widescreen ?

Any one else contemplating this (and I guessing its the family crew with the all to famiiar screaming kids in the back !!!!)

Thxs
The only kits I have seen like this actually use a replacement sun visor...
Not sure that I could cope with watching it an an angle to be honest (as a font passenger), or if (as the driver) it would be distracting.

I have contemplated a pair of screens for the back though, you can pick them up quite cheaply these days :D

Personally though if I do go for it, will go down the 'completly removable' route rather than fitted in the headrests.
But that's just me not wanting to tempt fate :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TTDegs.

It's only a thought at this stage, of course, but I'm also weighing up detachable versus fixed route. Company I spoke to says they like to work with the original car parts so that it doesn't look too after-market so they do use the cars existing sun visor !!! I think they were saying some of the detachable ones are fixed with a bracket so if someone sees that they will guess there are some screens in the car so either way you're stuffed. I may pop down to their showroom one day closer to the time.

Keep us informed (as I'm sure you will) if you decide to progress with the screens.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed! Thanks Allan.

Other option is a completely standalone portable DVD player with a built in screen that you can run off the cigarette lighter. Screens keep getting bigger and bigger. I thinks Phillips do one with 10.2" widescreen and one of the Panasonic models I've seen on the net is 9" and comes with a car bracket. With these you can use at home, on a plane etc so there are definite advantages (plus a lot cheaper than "built in").

If anyone has any set up for their rear passengers could I make a kind request for some pics ?

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Chinese whispers

Amazing how things 'creep'

This started off on labels and ended up on DVD players.

:lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Indeed! Thanks Allan.

Other option is a completely standalone portable DVD player with a built in screen that you can run off the cigarette lighter. Screens keep getting bigger and bigger. I thinks Phillips do one with 10.2" widescreen and one of the Panasonic models I've seen on the net is 9" and comes with a car bracket. With these you can use at home, on a plane etc so there are definite advantages (plus a lot cheaper than "built in").

If anyone has any set up for their rear passengers could I make a kind request for some pics ?
Hey newboy,

Look @ this:

http://www.nextbase-europe.com/products/7-deluxe-spec.html

in combination with :
http://www.brodit.com/productinformation.jsp?anr=810920&sortiment=null

greetings

Ghosty Boy
Bornem - Belgium

1 - 8 of 8 Posts