2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Built in Honda Navigation or Google maps on my Google Nexus 7 or 5.
I see no reason for a GPS unit now that there are smartphones or tablets that do it "better" in certain aspects.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I use Navman Roadmate (formerly Magellan) on iPhone. Comes with lifetime (Suna) TMC subscription.

Looking forward to the new generation of Honda head units using HondaLink which will allow smartphone app mirroring on car display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
I've got both the built in for directions and a Garmin 2597LMT for the far better traffic and third party safety cameras.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Hi Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm taking delivery of a Sports Tourer next week that doesnt have Sat Nav Built in, yes i agree with most that google maps is a good option but for times when i travel to the Uk or europe, i cant use that as i dont use data roaming for cost reasons.

I have a HTC One m 8 which can take a micro SD card, so is there a Satelite App i can use which would download the maps to the phone so i wouldnt need a data connection?

Otherwise i might look at a garmin or tomtom, are there any models that are sleek and mount neatly on the civic dash?

Cheers,
Mick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm taking delivery of a Sports Tourer next week that doesnt have Sat Nav Built in, yes i agree with most that google maps is a good option but for times when i travel to the Uk or europe, i cant use that as i dont use data roaming for cost reasons.

I have a HTC One m 8 which can take a micro SD card, so is there a Satelite App i can use which would download the maps to the phone so i wouldnt need a data connection?

Otherwise i might look at a garmin or tomtom, are there any models that are sleek and mount neatly on the civic dash?

Cheers,
Mick
Yes. I think Sygic is good. I dont remember the price (ap. 30-40 Euro), but later updates are free. After I got my Civic with SD SatNav recently I dont use it anymore though.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
I've got both the built in for directions and a Garmin 2597LMT for the far better traffic and third party safety cameras.
Ignore this post as Garmin have broken Smartlink about 2 months ago. All it now delivers is loads of historic roadworks and very little in the way of traffic jams.

Next week the Garmin is out and I've got a HTC D160 Car Dock for my HTC One and I have a lifetime subscription to the PocketGPSWorld camera database so I will be using CamerAlert, which incidentally is directional :D

Proper Job

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes. I think Sygic is good. I dont remember the price (ap. 30-40 Euro), but later updates are free. After I got my Civic with SD SatNav recently I dont use it anymore though.
Another vote here for Sygic.

Sygic is now on sale, you can get lifetime WORLDWIDE updates for like 50 Euros. I just got this and have almost every country in the world.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
THanks guys, downloaded and bought sygic last night.. looks decent, anyone recommend a good holder for a HTC One ** for the civiv?

I used broddit holders in my accord but only got the HTC few weeks ago and havent got a matching broddit holder yet. Kind looking for alternatives as its pain in the backside to have to change holder everytime you change phone.. which i do more than i should

Cheers,
Mick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts