2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the prices people have payed to do a head unit change in the 8th gen civic,
No satnav as standard, looking to put in an aftermarket double din head unit, was just wondering how much am I looking to spend

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I'm having one installed on Friday!! Pioneer Avic 960DAB!! Not cheap but it's fully loaded and transforms the look of the dash!! The Honda faceplate is around £100 on its own so that bumps the price up!! I had one in my m200 and its a must do mod imo!! If you're around the Cardiff area on Friday afternoon, pop in and have a look at mine whilst it's being done by all means.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
It's being fitted at B&B audio concepts on Penarth road!! Pop in, they're very enthusiastic and really helpful!! Very good reputation.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Although I had a nightmare of a time installing it (due to faulty connects2 stalk adapter) I would say to do it yourself

I spent £110 on the fascia + stalk adapter for connects2 off ebay.
Then £220 on a chinese double din.

I emailed connects2 about my issue and they invited me down to their office near Birmingham and fixed the issue for free. Great customer service, they were really helpful and friendly.

It really is as simple as removing like 7 screws to access the OEM stereo, then 5 screws to remove that. Then plug n play with adapters.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Although I had a nightmare of a time installing it (due to faulty connects2 stalk adapter) I would say to do it yourself

I spent £110 on the fascia + stalk adapter for connects2 off ebay.
Then £220 on a chinese double din.

I emailed connects2 about my issue and they invited me down to their office near Birmingham and fixed the issue for free. Great customer service, they were really helpful and friendly.

It really is as simple as removing like 7 screws to access the OEM stereo, then 5 screws to remove that. Then plug n play with adapters.
Will the steering wheel controls still work? And what happens with the screen that says the time etc.?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Everything still works, the temp and time is still displayed. They even flashed Honda civic onto the screen for me too!! It's quite a tasty job with usb, hdmi and microphone leads along with the DAB arial to be in fitted!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything still works, the temp and time is still displayed. They even flashed Honda civic onto the screen for me too!! It's quite a tasty job with usb, hdmi and microphone leads along with the DAB arial to be in fitted!!
I like the sound of that honda civic displayed that sounds a nice little touch ?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
I got mine off gum tree for £250
Sony double din with integrated TomTom
uploadfromtaptalk1426022533450.jpg
Bought the the connects2 Fascia and adapter lead been really happy with mine, air con display panel still works and steering wheel controls too.
Wardy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The "Honda Civic" on the dash is controlled by whether you plug in a particular wire or not. This post has some pics from my install... be warned if you're not comfortable with taking the dash apart this might worry you!
Syxy Milano Post #59

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The "Honda Civic" on the dash is controlled by whether you plug in a particular wire or not. This post has some pics from my install... be warned if you're not comfortable with taking the dash apart this might worry you!
Syxy Milano Post #59
I don't really feel comfortable doing my own dash ? how much would someone charge me labour?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I don't really feel comfortable doing my own dash ? how much would someone charge me labour?
No idea I'm afraid chap, best to ring around a few audio installers and see

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Which model is that wardy? Looks real good.

Can you play music via Bluetooth without having your phone plugged in? Seen on one sony double din it had to be plugged in and wasn't sure if all Sony ones are like that
Sony XNV-L66BT and yes i stream deezer through bluetooth to it no cables needed

Wardy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts