2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm wanting to fit a Kenwood 7017/7018DABS aftermarket head unit to my car. It's a 2009 Type R GT with the sat nav etc.

I was just wondering what exactly I need to fit this? I was looking at the fascia kit on DynamicSounds which includes the Connects2 cable etc. but it says 'Not Suitable For Vehicles That Have Satellite Navigation System'. On further reading on these forums I've seen people say you need to replace the upper sat nav screen + surround with a standard one, is this true? Or do I just need the fascia/wiring kit?

Any info on required parts would be appreciated.

As a side note does any know the difference between the Kenwood 7017/7018 DABS units besides button placement?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I havent changed the head unit in my nav car, so the information below is what i have previously read on here.

You will lose the clock/climate control screen, i undestand it will just go blank. The non-nav cars use a different communication protocol so any interface designed for cars without nav, wont work on cars with nav.

The absence of a clock may not be much of an issue as the new head unit will have a clock, but the lack of climate info may or may not be an issue for you. The climate control will still work, but you can't see the temperature setting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent changed the head unit in my nav car, so the information below is what i have previously read on here.

You will lose the clock/climate control screen, i undestand it will just go blank. The non-nav cars use a different communication protocol so any interface designed for cars without nav, wont work on cars with nav.

The absence of a clock may not be much of an issue as the new head unit will have a clock, but the lack of climate info may or may not be an issue for you. The climate control will still work, but you can't see the temperature setting.
Yeah that's kind of what I thought originally. Will look at grabbing a non-nav display to put it before biting the bullet on a double din fascia/unit. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts