2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as i seem to be having a clutch issue (1 yr old,non aggressive driving), im wondering do i stick with the oem clutch and flywheel or to be safe upgrade to a stage 1 clutch kit and lightened flywheel, im not going to be adding masses of power in the future (just a few added bhp).
My last clutch wasn't from honda but it looks like the one that was added wasn't much cop (could be that the flywheel wasn't replaced or wasn't aligned propely). I know the honda clutch is good but with no real difference in prices is it just worth upgrading, or even upgraded clutch and oem flywheel :confused: any ideas so i can do some shopping, thanks, Rob.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
OEM flywheel is already very light, does not need replacement unless you want to be a complete hardcore. OEM clutch is OK for daily driving.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Hi, as i seem to be having a clutch issue (1 yr old,non aggressive driving), im wondering do i stick with the oem clutch and flywheel or to be safe upgrade to a stage 1 clutch kit and lightened flywheel, im not going to be adding masses of power in the future (just a few added bhp).
My last clutch wasn't from honda but it looks like the one that was added wasn't much cop (could be that the flywheel wasn't replaced or wasn't aligned propely). I know the honda clutch is good but with no real difference in prices is it just worth upgrading, or even upgraded clutch and oem flywheel :confused: any ideas so i can do some shopping, thanks, Rob.
Hi Rob!
Just changed my clutch this past summer. I drive it hard at times. When I would "floor it" I'd then get this smell like hair burning and the car wouldn't take-off as it should (a slight delay). Was told at some point it's either your brakes rubbing or it might be the clutch. In my case it was the clutch. I bought the clutch kit (Genuine Honda) myself and went to Honda for the fit. Only paid them for the labor. The mechanic at Honda had a look at the flywheel and said it was OK. You wouldn't do any harm in changing the flywheel but you may not have to. For trani-fluid you might wanna try
AMSOIL Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30 You'll see a big difference in the shifting 2 quarts are just enough. Others here have tried it and love it. So much better than Honda's. As for the clutch kit......
Clutch Kits : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories Great prices!

Hope I was of some help and sorry for writing a book. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts