2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Aftermarket PU Leather seat covers

11K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Backz 
#1 ·
Civic 1.50 CVT Hatchback Ireland

Hi all, recently found a set of front and rear PU leather seat cover for the 10th gen Civic on AliExpress.

They weren't cheap around €250!!!. I'm in the process of fitting them.
I have completed the fronts and have to say i'm really impressed with them.
The fitment is spot on and really bringS the interior up to another level.
By far the top irratation for me on the 10th Gen was the seat cover quality.

I have a few pointers to highlight with these PU leather covers however in case anyone else is considering them.
1: These covers are i think designed for the Sedan version of the car so even thought the front seats fit perfectlly the headrest front covers aren't perfect (very tight) but im willing to accept the over all better look.

2: The main problem will be the rear set. The 60/40 split is not an issue, the 40 set fits fine, but i will have to cut a hole for the Latches to drop the seat. Not a big issues and i might be able to blend any cuts in under the plastic covers.

3: The 60 split will also requires a cut for the latch. But the biggest problem is the center head rest. On My civic its not removable and is incorporated into the seat back. The covers does not take the center headrest into account. So another job will be required to cut the cover to slip over the headrest and somehow coming up with a way to attach a surround to hide any cut.

4 the rear bench seat will need to be removed to fit the lower cover but i understand this it very simple, just 1 bolt to be removed and two latches to be released under the seat.

Overall and taking into account the mods i will have to do to the rear to make it fit i'm still pretty happy with them.
It was a big investment but i think it will be worth it. :grin2:

I will post a few photos of the completed fronts and when i get the rear done over the weekend i will post some photos of them.

And if anyone is interested here is the link to where i got them.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lsr...573.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4f274c4dkuLoIO

See less See more
#8 ·
Is there any reason that they should? My leather seats don't suppress it.
It would be a bit better if they had the backs a little warmer to get through a jacket etc, but the bum does not usually have a lot of insulating material around it (Well, not in UK anyway) so generally requires less 'heating up'.

#10 ·
I was about to say the same thing with affecting side airbags, but think there is a cut out for this...
They do look very nice and a good fit - should protect the original material.. But then this comes back to a valid point: are we doing this because the seat material is "cheaper than it used to be" and are worried that in a short period of time, it will wear/tear?

Certainly seeing more and more cases for the FK2 & FK8 CTR seats!

Reactions: psbcivic
#11 · (Edited)
Also another (from my point of view) question: Why cover the seats? I mean the purpose of the original cover (from the factory) is for you to enjoy it.. I mean if you do not enjoy it then who will?? Even if you sell the car in the future you will have a great pair of seats untouched..ok.. for someone else to enjoy them(the new owner)??

Very nice work azc by the way!

That does not mean that I judge those (including azc) for buying and installing cover seats. I am just explaining my way of thinking..no offense to all members of course!

#14 ·
I agree the material on the doors and centre armrest mark very easily and I don't think they will clean very easy either :grin2:

#15 ·
I've never been a fan of adding covers onto seats, no matter how well done.

Admittedly, one shouldn't 'drive as if it's stolen', but the potential for it to move, with subsequent possible temporary loss of control, resulting in an accident has always put me off.

These look to be on a higher level, and seem to fit very firmly, but the standard already-near-flat squabs seem even flatter, or is it me?

LOOK GOOD - and very well done finding and fitting them.
For me? Sorry, no.

Al.

#16 ·
Finnaly got round to doing door trims to match the seats. Seat cover wear quality has good apart from me sticking a screwdriver through the driver seat cover. [emoji30][emoji2959]
The seller suggests installing trim covers directly onto the doors however I found that removing the door panel makes it much easier and gives a better finish. Now time for a good Interior cleaning.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.