2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

aftermarket stereo Trim

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GJamieson 
#1 ·
Hi i was hoping somone can help me out here I installed a Kenwood aftermarket stereo in my 2012 civic and bought a facia to fit the stereo in, installation went very well apart from the Trim which does not fit in the facia its just a little too large i thought i could get away from putting one on but after looking at other setups on here mine looks ugly can anyone point me in the right direction or know anyone who has a trim that would fit mine?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks like the head unit is too far back in the dash. I did 8 years at Halfords fitting audio - from memory I think this was a common problem. Have you tried removing the fascia adapter and checking the trim will fit in the hole? If it does then you may need to modify the headhunt mounting brackets to bring the unit forward a bit.

If it doesn't fit the hole then it may be a case of returning the unit and trying another. If you put "double din fascia surround" into google you will find some third party trims. But you may still have the same problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.