2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the 80's pop group. But the Connect app and the music streaming service.

I currently pay for Spotify so I've got no issue with paying for Deezer, if it means that I can use it and control it through the head unit. Functionality is somewhat limited when using Spotify over bluetooth, especially now that thinking about my mobile phone in the car carries a near-death penalty.

So, does anyone use Deezer premium/paid through the Aha app. Can I choose playlists/artists/albums etc? Just before I close one subscription and start another one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You could try installing Spotify on the head unit.

CMDroid

I've installed, once I worked out the instructions, use google translate, and looks good on the head unit.
I dont have a paid account but worked OK. What I cannot remember is if the buttons on wheel move track on without trying it again.

Len

·
Registered
205 Posts
The steering wheel controls don't work with the Spotify app. You have to use the touch screen.

The internal storage is tiny (only about 1.3G), so you need to set the app up to use a USB memory stick for its storage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Aha and Deezer is really poo.

And for some reason, I can't get my head around installing Spotify to the HU. Could some kind person provide an idiot's guide to doing it, as I'm interested in that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll try to explain how I did it.
Reset your head unit to factory defaults.
Go into android settings on the unit and enable the setting to allow developer options or unknown sources I think it is
Have your head unit connected to wifi.
Go to CMdriod website
Download permissions app
Install app
Delete app from downloads
Download Spotify
Install app
Open permissions app
Search for com.spotify.music under process names and edit
Tick soundout and last mode and save
That should then work.
I've done this top of my head and best I can do at present.
I've you look at first video a few times on CMdroid you can work out from video how to install.

Once you have downloaded and installed apps you want. Update head again and will be back to normal.

Hope that is some help.

Len

1 - 7 of 7 Posts