2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Thought I'd have a play on the Honda App Centre to check out ALL :wink3: the available apps and thought I'd give aha radio a go.

Finally worked out how to mobile tether to the Honda using an iPhone (phone must be connected to car via USB & Bluetooth) otherwise personal hotspot won't appear on WiFi list in the settings. This had been bugging me for a while and well I've been used to connecting to the home WiFi which reaches to the garage.

Downloaded the aha radio app on the iPhone and then tried a couple of stations on the Honda Aha Radio App (favourite stations sync across) and I was impressed by the sound quality of Aha radio in comparison to DAB and playing music via Bluetooth which I've found frankly poor. There's certainly a noticeable difference, much punchier but still I'd like to invest in some new speakers if this was a straight forward process.

Just thought I'd share this :smile3:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Finally worked out how to mobile tether to the Honda using an iPhone (phone must be connected to car via USB & Bluetooth) otherwise personal hotspot won't appear on WiFi list in the settings. This had been bugging me for a while and well I've been used to connecting to the home WiFi which reaches to the garage.
Not sure what's going on with your phone there, but you don't have to have USB / Bluetooth connect to be able to tether your iPhone.

You do have to go into the Personal hotspot section of settings each time to make it active each time you want to connect.

Sometimes personal hotspot in iPhone settings can be in the Mobile Data section of the settings menu.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what's going on with your phone there, but you don't have to have USB / Bluetooth connect to be able to tether your iPhone.

You do have to go into the Personal hotspot section of settings each time to make it active each time you want to connect.

Sometimes personal hotspot in iPhone settings can be in the Mobile Data section of the settings menu.
I know right. I've tried numerous times connecting via mobile data and enabling personal hotspot etc but no connection is visible on the cars WiFi settings. I then plug the iPhone into the car via USB and boom the connection appears.. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts