2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, been wanting to start a mod thread now for a while just basically so I can track everything i'm doing to my car (When I get funds to do it). There is a few things not right with the car at the minute and I also want to make it look better.

I will start by posting a list of the things currently wrong with the car...

- Strange humming sound under acceleration (Occasional)
- Cracked Manifold
- More droplinks have gone (only had one done last month)
- Fix the mirror and indicator casing

And now what I want to do to the car as and when I can afford to...

- Colour coded type S trim (except front)
- GP front
- Have the eibachs fitted
- Sports Grill
- Alloy refurbish to a darker grey
- Install connects 2 (Should be done tomorrow)
- Type S/R Spoiler
- Skunk 2 gearknob
- Leather gaiter
- Install the Sub and Amp I have laying around collecting dust
- Spacers
- Yellow Stuff Pads
- Possible groved discs
- Accord Type R Calipers
- Auto Folding Mirrors
- Pressed Metal Plates
- Fogs or mugen triangle scoops
- Fast Road Setup
- Coming Home Lights
- Flip Key Conversion
- Type R rear light cluster
- Exhaust system

No doubt it's going to take me a while before I can tick everything off of this list so I plan on posting as I go along on this thread.

Here are some pictures of her now ;)

Thanks for looking guys! :)

·
Administrator
17,960 Posts
Nice one. It's a good idea to have a mod thread as it's very easy to loose track of your changes.

Keep plugging away and your list will steadily reduce. Although you will no doubt add a few more items! ;)

Colour coding will make such a difference, as will the ATR anchors.

No plans to remap tho?

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is nice aswell so everyone else can see the changes also, I don't know about you but I like reading through other people's mod threads especially for inspiration :)

And yeah heard nothing but good things about the ATR calipers on here they will be needed as the stock breaks are terrible!

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea with the thread! I look forward to seeing it progress!

If you're going to be changing the droplinks again, go for the meyle HD (heavy duty) droplinks. Can be found on eBay. They'll support the car better when you lower it, too!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks mate! I'll keep my eyes out for them :)

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Strange humming sound under acceleration (Occasional)
i know you may well have thought of it and checked already, but are you running a Honda air filter or an after market one? Some of the after market ones do not fit so well and so under acceleration you can hear the turbo/air pull more than you should. just a thought....

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know you may well have thought of it and checked already, but are you running a Honda air filter or an after market one? Some of the after market ones do not fit so well and so under acceleration you can hear the turbo/air pull more than you should. just a thought....
Yeah, it's defiantly not genuine. Had a look today and the pipe that connects to the right side of the airbox had again nearly came off. Hopefully it's just that and it stays on when I attempt to put it back on later

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today at Mattfest we installed the connects 2 aux kit which went quite smoothly thanks to Purekillforce for basically doing it all I really appreciate it :) And in order to get rid of the wires at some point I will order a bluetooth module which simply connects to the Aux input and allows you to stream music via bluetooth. I'll keep this thread updated :D

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Today at Mattfest we installed the connects 2 aux kit which went quite smoothly thanks to Purekillforce for basically doing it all I really appreciate it :) And in order to get rid of the wires at some point I will order a bluetooth module which simply connects to the Aux input and allows you to stream music via bluetooth. I'll keep this thread updated :D
Glad I could help, mate! Anything else; there's always the next mattfest!

·
Administrator
17,960 Posts
Was good to meet you today and I look forward to seeing your plans come to fruition.

If you are struggling to stop the EGR leak, then I'm only a few miles 'sarf and can sort ya's out in a jiffy ;)

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks smart mate [smilie=gt-happyup.:[/quote]

Thanks mate! :)

Glad I could help, mate! Anything else; there's always the next mattfest!

Certainly is! :D

Was good to meet you today and I look forward to seeing your plans come to fruition.

If you are struggling to stop the EGR leak, then I'm only a few miles 'sarf and can sort ya's out in a jiffy :wink:
Thanks mate, nice to meet you aswell. And I will thanks for having a look :)

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 162 Posts