Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this mod? Pros or cons?
Thx.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Doesn't it make the engine run richer on start up ?
I believe so which may result in killing the cat due to extra unburnt fuel going into it

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won't be doing it :wink3:

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
I'm pretty sure all engines run richer on start up, to help them turnover.
your correct it is richer on startup, thats why cars use more fuel in winter due to it taking longer to warm up.

·
4,275 Posts
The car will run richer to warm up quicker so the extra air via the valve helps lean it out a little. Removing it makes the AFR stay richer hence may damage the cat from unburnt fuel passing through into a cold cat.

(From what I gathered from info in the past anyway)

·
K200588
231 Posts
Sorry to steal thread, but on cold start my r gives a serious strong smell of rich fuel, is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
if you look to the right of the inlet manifold in your engine bay, can you see this:

Is it still connected or broken?

Are there any lights on the dash, as it could be a MAF sensor or O2 Sensor that's on its way out.

·
K200588
231 Posts
It looks like it's been broken and glued back on, and then tie wrapped to keep it in place no no lights at all, a slight jutter around 3-4K but think that's down to the induction kit...has a cheap on of eBay, 60 pound special which is going asap, I'm also getting around 200miles max from a full thank, that about right?

·
4,275 Posts
It looks like it's been broken and glued back on, and then tie wrapped to keep it in place no no lights at all, a slight jutter around 3-4K but think that's down to the induction kit...has a cheap on of eBay, 60 pound special which is going asap, I'm also getting around 200miles max from a full thank, that about right?

I would've said it could be a crack in the exhaust manifold or cat but if that's been glued back on I'd definetly start from there.

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Should get 300 with mixed driving. Your getting just over 20mpg, even my ST wasn't that bad !

·
K200588
231 Posts
It ticks over perfectly and is extremely quiet, from stood at the back you can't hear it running

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Air bypass valve

1 - 20 of 29 Posts