1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Quick question

Had my air con gassed and was working perfect about a month ago now all
Of a sudden no cold air, the compressor is working and clicking in as it should, fans turn on but no cold air, any suggestions? Would this a be a relay problem? Didn't think it would be due to the fan and compressor working

Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Hi guys

Quick question

Had my air con gassed and was working perfect about a month ago now all
Of a sudden no cold air, the compressor is working and clicking in as it should, fans turn on but no cold air, any suggestions? Would this a be a relay problem? Didn't think it would be due to the fan and compressor working

Thank you in advance
On my FK2 1.8 it was the relay. The fan worked but no cold air. New relay and lots of cold air again;) my compressor was working but didn't switch on because of the faulty relay.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my FK2 1.8 it was the relay. The fan worked but no cold air. New relay and lots of cold air again;) my compressor was working but didn't switch on because of the faulty relay.
Ok

My compressor is switching on

Could it still be the relay ?

·
Toy tart
215 Posts
If the compressor is kicking the clutch in/out it could be low on gas. Did you have the system fully recharged or topped up ?? You ideally want it on gauges to see what gas is in it. It could be low gas/enough to allow it to cut in.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the compressor is kicking the clutch in/out it could be low on gas. Did you have the system fully recharged or topped up ?? You ideally want it on gauges to see what gas is in it. It could be low gas/enough to allow it to cut in.
Hi
I got the system topped up, I might take it back and see if the gas is low

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
When you get it topped up ask them to check for leaks too... AC needs to be used on a regular basis or the seals dry out and you can top it up as much as you like, it'll still loose gas. :sinking:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts