2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Coming home from work earlier Air Con was working fine and blowing cold. When I went in the car a bit later on blowing the same as outside temperature... ??? When I put it on Auto on the coolest level the blowers still go as though they're trying to blow out air but warm... I find this odd as it wasn't a gradual loss of cold air, it was an instant one... Anyone had the same or any suggestions other than a re-gas?

Cheers
Neil.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
This is what i had. and it turned out to be the Relay. £10 off eBay and has been perfect since

take it out and see if it rattles. mine rattled really loud so i guessing the little fuse had come lose or blown inside.

Reactions: nturnb

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked in the Haynes manual this morning and it says that when you put the relay back in it should click so I tried it and it didn't so I'm going for that option £6.90 off eBay so will see how that goes..

Weird thing is though, tried it just before I got to work this morning on the Low setting on Auto and it started pumping out freezing air much lower than the ambient temperature outside.. I'll see if it still works on my way home.

I'm not going to start throwing money at it as I'll only have the car for another 8 weeks max, had to begrudgingly put two new front tyres on at the weekend and that was only for Legal reasons as they were pretty shot..

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
If the issue is intermittent and not the relay, then it could be the AC compressor clutch needs reshimming.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the issue is intermittent and not the relay, then it could be the AC compressor clutch needs reshimming.
If it is Farqui, it'll be the next owners worry... I'll be trading it in very soon and it'll probably end up in Auction by whatever Garage I go with...

So if anyone sees it at Action from Aug On wards remember..

1. Crack in Manifold. No smell in cabin just slightly louder than usual.
2. Intermittent Clutch slip.
3. May have serious issue with Air-Con.
4. Rear offside Alloy has oxidised due to back brakes going metal to metal due to work not being carried out by a garage.

It has my private plate on at the moment but when I that onto retention it'll be SD57 VBH.....

Still trying to source a decent 1.6 D-Tec Sport.

Cheers.
Neil.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
sounds the same as mine when the air con started to play up
it would work every now and again then finally stopped working just blew normal temp air through

replaced the relay and it's been fine since

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds the same as mine when the air con started to play up
it would work every now and again then finally stopped working just blew normal temp air through

replaced the relay and it's been fine since
£6.90 rely on the way so here's hoping...

Reactions: cosmicma

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£6.90 relay on the way so here's hoping...
Right, so realised that the £6.90 relay I bought off eBay won't be about for over week and considering it's sweltering "even in Scotland" Couldn't wait that long. I decided to go to the Scrappy on the off chance they had an accident damaged 8g. They didn't but had a 1.6 7G petrol.... Took a look inside the Fuse box and behold, there are 3 - 4 relays in there of a similar looking type to that in my motor so for a punt I took one... Swapped them over and wallah, Ice! Ice! Baby! :snowwave:

I'd called Honda today to see if they had them and they quoted me £26 inc VAT so won a watch there..

The one out of the 7G has the following info on it. OMRON MADE IN USA
GBHN-UA-007607

1161A33C

So if any of you have A/C trouble and you want to prove if the problem is the A/C Relay, you have an alternative..

Best thing of all is, asked the guy how much he wanted for it and he just waved me on :grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts