2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Air con compressor replacment

871 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Civicrbp 
#1 ·
Hi so I've had a problem with my compressor, it doesn't engage, ive seen these forsale and wondered if any of you have tried it, mines a 2.2 diesel but they all say for the 1.8, does this matter?
Many thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It might just need the gap reduced on the compressor clutch to help it engage which is usually just a case of re-shimming it. This would require the compressor clutch to be removed anyway so you could do the job for virtually no cost before you go buying parts you might not even need.

#5 ·
I have had the same problem and tried the re-shimming it didn't work for me my problem was the the resistance of the clutch coil, I had a second hand compressor fitted.
Get a torch look at colour of the pulley as there is a black one (i think) and the gold coloured one they are different sizes.
You can check the resistance of the coil pack by removing the air con relay there are four pins its one of the two big pins one should have 12v on it and the other should measure 3.15−3.45 Ω but add a little on to this value as you are measuring from the relay connections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.