2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I bought a brand new air-con compressor end of last year and it's took till now to get it fitted. I dropped it off earlier and just had the dreaded phone call "it's the wrong compressor" so I now have basically paid to park my car up my street in a garage for a couple of hours. I asked if my old unit can be repaired but they said no. Is there two versions of the compressor? Does anyone know which one I need? I've literally wasted £400+ and still in the same position. I'm gutted!Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
hi there @Friddy82 how do you know its the compressor thats gone and who advised you to buy one in the first place, and because yours is brand new would you not be able to exchange it for the one that you need, most parts being brought theses days require your vrm, so could it have been a mix up when ordering your part,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to a air-con diagnosis bloke who tested it all (this was after I changed the relay) and he told me its the clutch on the compressor. So I just bought a new one. Thing is I bought it on eBay and because it's been so long it's disappeared from my eBay.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Can't you look at your feed back and try to find the seller?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@jaxckhan my eBay score is over 900 and also I can't find who it was. Best part of my transactions have been for my civic so they all have car/Honda names and no pictures of what I've bought. I will just have to buy another and sell this.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Gawd, that's...unfortunate.

Check the Lings Honda website for your model year, locate the AC page, remove '_pfk' from the URL and refresh to get the Honda compressor part#.

If just the compressor clutch had failed, then this can usually be repaired much cheaper than swapping out the entire compressor ;) - there's a How To guide.

Good luck getting it sorted.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Just make sure you get the right one this time mate, why don't you go for a second hand unit

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys, I bought a new one as I thought you can't go wrong if it's new one but obviously I was wrong?. If anyone wants to fix it for me or have a unit for sale I would be grateful??. I don't think it will happen again @jaxckhan ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
@jaxckhan my eBay score is over 900 and also I can't find who it was. Best part of my transactions have been for my civic so they all have car/Honda names and no pictures of what I've bought. I will just have to buy another and sell this.

You'll be able to find all purchase history upto 2 calender years plus this year! It will be there if you did a transaction on the ebay system ie not outside of ebay. And if you paid by Paypal the transaction will be referenced.

It then depends on the seller and how flexible he is. Hopefully he'll swap if you look to him for what you really need. If not then you could relist and hope to get your money back - there are still lots of Gen7 on the road being sold daily and there will be someone out there needing the part you have got at the right price.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
*UPDATE*
I found the eBay user and sent him an email. Thing is it was last October ? but he still sold me something that was advertised wrongly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He just come back and said it was definitely for my car. The unit is a KEIHIN HS-090R which when I google it, it states for civic 2001-2005 and Honda Jazz. I don't know what to do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts