2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, 2008 Civic 1.8 ES owner. Previously had a corroded condenser so got that replaced back in Jan. Fortunately that held me through the summer (occasional use), but now it's only blowing warm air again. Funnily enough, it sounds healthy. Turning on the AC, I hear a click, a whirring from the engine bay and the revs drop a bit. But still no cool air.

I had a dye put in during the regas, so got out my UV torch today to have a look. Found this component covered in the dye. Is it the compressor? Not sure how long it's been like that, but it looks quite suspect.
Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 21.27.59.png

·
i-Vtec
3,114 Posts
Yes thats the compressor. If the gas is low the compressor shouldnt work. Maybe theres just enough pressure to make it work but not enough to make it cold. .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks Das. There is a kind of tinny-hissing sound from the cabin vents which sounds like it could be low on gas like you said. Possibly quite a slow leak. Guess the compressor will need replacing 😕

·
i-Vtec
3,114 Posts
No idea, looks like its coming from under that nut, but I dont have an exploded diagram that shows that nut/bolt removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts