2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there i just find a bit of water under my car this has happen a couple of time when i have air con on low temp for a couple of hour has this happen to anyone here any idea how to fix it thanks

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
That's normal mate it's the release valve is under the passenger seat so don't fear. Every time you use the aircon either to worm the car or cool it water is always released.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Mine does it even when the sitcom isn't on?! Been to a few meets and people have commented at the river under my car lol

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Sorry for stealing the topic.

Any one can tell where exactly the valve or pipe is located under the car?
My aircon is working but I didnt notice the water under the car (I was looking quite few times). I think that valve or pipe might be blocked.
Only issue I had with aircon was during long trip (over 15hours almost constant driving) on chilly night sudenly all windows start steaming badly inside. Setting was on Auto 22degC. Had to stop. Fan was working but no air was coming out of vents whatsoever.
Had a look under the bonnet and all aircon pipes were covered in layer of frost. Had to stop for half an hour with engine off. No water was coming under the car. Couple of hours down the road same happend again. At 3am I took out the cabin filter which was dry but that didnt help.
Im thinking what could have happend then?

Had similar situation on a hot day in Volvo lorry after few hours engine runing with aircon on it stopped blowing the air but fan was working on max setting. No water dripping under cab.
Had to put it on hot setting with aircon off and after good few minutes it thaw out and started pissing with water under the cab. After that it got back to normal.

I reckon the valve or pipe may be freezing. Water inside starts building up and aircon going mental.
Any ideas?

Maciek.
sent from SGS.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
May be worth paying Honda the £40amd have the aircon system check which is recommended I had it done the we're able to clear minor issues as part of the check. It's worth it I think as playing with the gas yourself not good idea

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Maciek:- That sounds like the pollen/cabin filter could be blocked
As said I have removed the filter there and then what didnt help. Filter was replaced few months before that and its stil there doing its job.

M.
sent from SGS.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I was there first thing but apart of the drawing of desiccant on the condenser there is nothing about location on the car.
I would expect it to be coming out of evaporator and fan area.

Stil looking.

M.
sent from SGS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts