2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my air con has stopped blowing cold. I know sometimes this means a fault but I thought I’d start with a recharge as it was working until a couple of days ago and I have no idea if/ when it was ever recharged. I was working by a Halfords auto centre so took it in there. Only to be told they couldn’t do it, the Civic doesn’t have standard air con, I’d need to go to a Honda dealer,etc.
I don’t maybe think that much of Halfords but you’d have thought they’d be happy to have my £79.99.
Anyone know about the ‘special’ air con?

Apologies if this has been asked a million times already.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is it the 1234 gas or the older 134 ??

Think there's a sticker under the bonnet somewhere which says what type of gas is required, a lot of places have only got the older 134

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers all.
I’ve found in the Kwik Fit website that they don’t do the 1234 ( there’s a Kwik Fit within walking distance of my house so it’s the obvious place to go for me) although some Halfords do - including the one near work, just not the one near where I live. Extra £40 if I’ve read it correctly. There’s a list on the Halfords site if anyone else is struggling with this.
I could get it done at the Honda dealer/ service centre across the road from Halfords but they don’t give a price online so I’ll have to give them a call. I could book it in online but would have no idea what I’d be paying, I’m not that trusting I’m afraid!

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,384 Posts
£99. The Mk9 and 10 use the new R-1234yf gas. Had mine done after 2 years. It was done at time of her service so can’t answer if it was a service discount price or Honda fixed price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just checked mine (2015 1.8 petrol) and that still had the r134a refrigerant, none is well cold but seems to cycle on and off, not sure if that is normal behaviour sure to the climate control, or whether it needs a regas as it is 4 years old and you can lose 10% per year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I topped up mine at kwikfit for 60 quid with cleaning "bomb". Can also check in there what type of gas u need . Mine '13 is R134a

1 - 10 of 10 Posts