2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
It's a closed sticky at the top of the 10G section. But to save you looking, the bulletin is ST-09-001-00

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Do you have a copy of the service bulletin?
DITTO .. I have been looking for a copy of this Service Bulletin for months now !!!

It does not seem to be available in the USA, although Civics in the USA seem to be suffering from this issue.

So PLEASE

Can someone in the UK, or Europe get a copy of this Service Bulletin from their Dealer, and post it (or PM it to me ) ...

ST-09-001-00
or
ST-09-001-01

·
Registered
64 Posts
Aircon Whistle

My June 2018 car has the aircon whistle.

I quoted the aircon service bulletin number to my dealership, they ordered the replacement part straight away and it will be fitted at the first service at the end of May.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Had mine done last week no more noise

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

PLEASE -- can one of you guys getting this service done, get a copy of the Service Bulletin and post it (or if that's not allowed on this forum, PM it to me).

Over here in the USA, there are many of us suffering from this issue, and Honda USA is claiming that the service bulletin does not exist !!!

The service bulletin should indicate the replacement part number, and the procedure for fitting it.

PLEASE -- someone make the effort and get me a copy ..

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
I'm taking mine in for the front beepers on Tuesdsday, I have a reasonable working relationship with my warranty manager so I'll see what I can come up with. Should be able to get the part number for the UK model, but I expect it will not be the same for the US model.

Presumably you have seen my posts HERE with the UK Bulletin numbers?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The thread here are mostly related to the high pitch whistling sound. I have a chirping sound, and it seems that I'm not alone having this problem when checking the internet. It is definitely connected to AC on/off, and not engine rpm related.
Is Honda offering any solution for this? I have the feeling that the sound is getting stronger and almost constant when AC is on.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Perhaps its a slightly different symptom to the same problem.
Has the pipe been changed on your car?

·
Registered
79 Posts
No, the pipe has not ben changed. But I got the impression that the whistling sound is very high in frequency and also happening only at 2000 - 2700 engine . My sound is more like the one you can hear from your fridge at home when the door is open and the compressor is running. Most probably the same reason, it is just the fact that normally you don't hear that in a car.
But I can see from a Google search that I'm not alone, and if you go to your dealer, they all seems to be deaf.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
I have a recording of it, but can't find it just now. I had it on a sound processor to get the frequency, but can't remember that. I'll have a look again tomorrow sometime.
The whistle, is not a really high pitched one, at a guess, it's well less that 1kHz.
Just found it on my phone. It's more of a moan than a whistle. I'll try uploading somewhere tomorrow and link to it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
M8TJT, you don't have to find any soundtrack for me. I've tested at 2000 - 2700 rpm and I have the sound. I would say that it sounds like a circular saw cutting wood at constant feed.

·
Registered
365 Posts
So my muted starlings in a tree sound slowly disappeared when using the ac. Didn't think much of it till it got hot. Last week we hit 39C. It started to blow weakly cooled air. Not enough to keep the car cool, borderline sweating half way into my one hour plus commute home. Compared it on the same route driving our 9G, which froze my nose off.

Dealer ordered the replacement tube for the whistle, and checked it this last weekend. Gas pressure was ok, I'm assuming borderline low, and I had a small leak in the old tube that got replaced. Was told that if left longer it would have emptied the gas out eventually. Reassembled and regassed. It blew cold at 33C, but no traffic. It's worse with traffic. Looks like it's fixed so far, sans starlings. Fingers crossed.

What are the odds that the leak would be in the same tube that they are replacing under warranty for a whistle?

101 - 120 of 122 Posts