2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When parked up with the engine still ticking over when I switch the air con on to 25 deg's I hear a tinny/rattle noise when I switch this unit off the sound goes away.

Is this normal for this unit to make this sound?. I am currently driving S Type GT 07 plate with 300 miles on the clock.

Cheers
Rogie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rogie - this may be related to the recent "Bird like churp..." post on here. I have a rattling/tinkling noise coming from the heater unit, but it seems to come/go according to speed rather than heater settings.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Rogie - this may be related to the recent "Bird like churp..." post on here. I have a rattling/tinkling noise coming from the heater unit, but it seems to come/go according to speed rather than heater settings.
speed or rpm??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,

I noticed a very small rattle/bird like chirp last week with the a/c on but it was only there when i was stopped on traffic. so i guess mine is depending on the rpm and when the a/c disengages from the engine the
sound goes away. could this be a normal sound from the a/c compressor?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Air con

Hi Guys,

I have noticed the clicking noise sounds when the compressor switches on inwhich the noise fades when compressor switches off.

It sound like rice grains getting shaked in a can. :mad:

Rogie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts