2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when i bought this car 2.2cdti 2007 with 95.000 miles on it with a lot of noises from the pulley area sort of knowing it had has got timing/oil pump chain issues, i done the spray on grease of all pulleys including the air-con pump to see if this made it sound any better before removing the pulley belt and listening to timing chain still making the noises,,,,, about a week ago the sun came out so went to use the air-con and did not work,,,, so I've done all the checks ie fluid/gas has a fair pressure the relay clicks and voltage goes past this relay to feed pump... i checked relief valve working fine.... so its the compressor,,, just for those who don't know the compressor is the pump that is right at bottom under alternator,,, i got someone to work switch while i watched the clutch and it was not gripping the pulley... but was moving... i then realized what has happened,,, when lubricating the other pulleys and bearing spray on grease had got on to the clutch on the pump pulley... so i pressure washed it off and now air con is back perfect really cold... so if air-con not working would be worth a pressure wash off before spending loads of cash at a garage just for them to fit a new pump,, oil leaks from engine can also cause this problem

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats really useful thanks mike. How goes the timing chain fun?
got all the bits just finding time to get at it... everytime i say right its going to be done this week, this week goes mad with other jobs to be done,,, think its going to be a start friday evening hopefully done by sunday evening ready for work monday morning... soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts