Discussion Starter #1
Honda Civic 65 reg
Cold air blowing out then sign saying engine overheating
Full Air Conditioning Re-Charge (demist) done today
But still no warm air
Confused 🤷🏾‍♀️

·
4,586 Posts
Why would a clogged heater core cause the engine to overheat?
It would certainly stop the heater working though.
I like Otto33's question at post #2

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I agree with Ott033. I had thsi problem with an old Vauxhall-- bottom hose had started leaking so water level drops in radiator and doesn' t get to heater core, so car stays cold, and engine starts overhating. Nothing to do with air-con.

·
Registered
63 Posts
And to think that I studied Sound Engineering...
It can be many things just what I mention is to get you under the hood in the very beginning.
"Always check connections first "

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks @Otto33 there was no water in the coolant, heating back on 😊
Wish l had known as l thought it was air con thefore paid online to have for recharge which cost me £60 , the garage did not notice it either 😢

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks @Otto33 there was no water in the coolant, heating back on
Wish l had known as l thought it was air con thefore paid online to have for recharge which cost me £60 , the garage did not notice it either
What kind of garage is that "didn't notice" lack if coolant?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Party I agree that if I come and say "over the counter" my A/C probably need recharge, no need for further enquiries and questions. But if he approached them as "I have an issue with this and is doing that and can you please check" they should proceed with a more troubleshoot procedure.
When I was in customer service I was always questioned the customer to fish what got him to me in the 1st place.
Sometimes unnecessary, but some most other times the customer left and and then came back raving about my service and my products...

·
i-Vtec
3,492 Posts
If someone said to me I have no heat inside my car can you do an AC recharge, then yes I agree id be questioning it. Look at the OP's last post, they paid online to have the AC recharged. Possibly didn't even tell the garage anything other than "My cars booked in for an AC recharge" when dropping it off. When a garage does an AC recharge they hook the pipes up, push a couple of button in the machine then walk away and carry on with other jobs and return 45 minutes later to check everything is finished. As long as the pressure holds and the AC is cold jobs a good one and hand the car back.
I predict the OP will be back in a couple of weeks asking why the coolant has all disappeared again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My bad for not understood the procedure of booking the A/C fillup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts