2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having more problems yet again with the civic. A few weeks ago my ac packed up whilst driving. By which I mean the compressor stopped engaging, after looking on here it seemed to be the old osram relay. Trip to honda to buy a new relay which is now the new and improved relay, I fitted it and it worked like a dream again. Come two weeks later and again whilst driving its packed up again. I can't hear the clutch/compressor kick in and blows hot muggy air again!

Any ideas anyone? Btw its been. Regassed only a few months ago

·
Registered
331 Posts
sorry to hear about your aircon,but expect expensive bill!I had similar compressor problem,it turned out to the fan had disintergrated - got in to system and had to have complete unit including all pipes - it happened whilst under warrantee. Cost honda about £1300 and yet another honda civic problem,WHEN will it end(and my car is now 6years old and is still suffering from crash,bang whallups from the awful suspension)I really hope yours will be a simple fix!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the speedy reply, I'm not liking the sound of this at all! It's just strange how I got it working for it to pack up again unless this is now totally unrelated. I foolishly ordered my car from new as soon as it came out (one of the first 10 sold in Northampton) on the 55 reg, and it's been nothing but issues! It's so dissappointing as it looks still fantastic I've owed three previous hondas including an accord executive that had done 93,000 before I swapped it for this and didn't one issue with it.

Anyway back to this issue, is there anyway I could work out what the issue is with some diagnostics or visual checks??

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
Maybe if the relay was on its way out and not working properly when it was re gassed the pressure readings were false and it wasn't done right and needs another gas? Just a thought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May be but seems strange as its been very cold and seemed to work well for months until a few weeks ago to pack up twice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts