2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air conditioning on my 2011 Civic (140bhp petrol version) has failed and I need a new compressor. Does anyone know the part number?

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
How sure are yoy that it's the compressor that need changing. There are several other (cheaper) faults that can stop the A/C working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I first paid a visit to Feu Vert, the French equivalent of Halfords. The chap there told me that it was not one of those simple problems (and decently charged nothing for the examination). Then I went to my Honda dealer. They quoted 1700€ to fix it, which I think is taking the piss.

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
Well, if your Feu Vert is like our Halfords, I wouldn't have asked their opinion in the first place.

1, Compressor relay shot? Cheap fix if it has.
2. Compressor clutch needs shimming? Dead cheap, but a bit more difficult to do. I suspect Honda might just change the compressor.
3. Re-gas?

Three of the things that can cause A/C not to work. All much cheaper than a new compressor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am fairly sure it is not re-gas, but it could be one of the other two. That's a lot to think about. I have decided never to go back to my Honda dealer - just too expensive on everything, except when you are buying a car and they will haggle. I have found an excellent local mechanic who can do all servicing work... except that he does not deal with air con. So I must find someone else. Typical that this should happen in the blistering heat of summer in the south of France.

Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What makes me think it is the compressor is that the fan makes a terrible racket. That started a few months ago and I put up with it, because it was still delivering cool air, until recently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts