2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Recently took my car to Halfords for air Con diagnosis and Re gass, all fine no leaks on Nitrogen so they regassed it. 3 days later air con gass gone, so they tested again said radaitor had a small leak and gave me s stupid quote to fit a new one.

So found a new one online, question is has anyone changed the radiator and dryer themself, if so any tips, info would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
i-Vtec
4,667 Posts
Yes they are very easy to do. You can take the bumper off, I didnt, can make getting the condenser pipes bolts back in a bit harder, you will end up with a few cuts on your hand because of the sharp fins. But if you know which end of a spanner to hold its a very easy DIY job.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Das, Did you replace o rings on the pipes? What needs to be removed if the bumper stays on?

·
Registered
2008 Type R GT
28 Posts
Doing this job myself very soon. Looking at it, it's not that hard to whip the front bumper off (already had my back bumper off to fit parking sensors) and its gonna make your life a hell of a lot easier for a bit of extra work.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Out of interest what condensers are you getting?

·
i-Vtec
4,667 Posts
Hi Das, Did you replace o rings on the pipes? What needs to be removed if the bumper stays on?
Yes, the one I bought came with new O Rings. Slam Panel cover, slam panel, and grill all need removed whether you do it bumper on or bumper off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the one I bought came with new O Rings. Slam Panel cover, slam panel, and grill all need removed whether you do it bumper on or bumper off.
Ok Das mine didn't come with new seals looks like buy assortment box of eBay Honda want nearly a £5 and special order (couldnt say if be dats or weeks ???) Is it worth the extra hassle yo remove the front bumper just hate those plastic clips they always break on me lol

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
Is it worth the extra hassle yo remove the front bumper just hate those plastic clips they always break on me lol
just get a bag of clips from vehicleclips.co.uk and keep them handy for the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts