2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Havent had AC on over the winter and fired it up Friday, and the air is not cool at all. Had it regassed today and no effect... Using the wiki article (Climate Control - Civinfo Wiki) I pulled out the following sensor values:

1 - 29
2 - 21
3 - 36
4 - 31
5 - d9
6 - d9
7 - F0
8 - F0
9 - C3

Its a hot, sunnyish day so I think 1-4 are okay but the wiki says that 5-9 are generally expressed in percentages so should they be numbers?

Doing the other test revealed 88 which would indicate all ok?

Cheers, Paul

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Mine is not working at all no cold air in any outside temperature and no more water under the car after long jurney. The AC Fan is working but nio cold air. Any sugestions anyone? is it some kind of foult or just need to refuel aircondition or somthing?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Mine is not working at all no cold air in any outside temperature and no more water under the car after long jurney. The AC Fan is working but nio cold air. Any sugestions anyone? is it some kind of foult or just need to refuel aircondition or somthing?
Sounds like the cooling media has leaked out.

You need to make sure the leak is fixed, not just "refuel" it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how to get a free regas:

took my car to kwik fit as aircon wasnt cold they regassed and leak checked it, but still not cold so no charge....

took i to honda let them know it wasnt working and it wasnt gas... turns out it was a relay which is due to be fixed under warranty.

so free regas!

now if you were to remove or purposefully break the relay (or obtain a broken one ;)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
how to get a free regas:

took my car to kwik fit as aircon wasnt cold they regassed and leak checked it, but still not cold so no charge....

took i to honda let them know it wasnt working and it wasnt gas... turns out it was a relay which is due to be fixed under warranty.

so free regas!

now if you were to remove or purposefully break the relay (or obtain a broken one ;)
Good god, they can't have any air/con skills whatsoever!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its an automated "dalek". punch in car details plug it in, off it goes 45 minutes later it spits out a bit of paper with the stats of what its done and off you go! it does put it on vac for 20mins to check for leaks and evac moisture, and then monitors gas volume delivered against manufacturers reccomended. but the staff i dont think are trained beyond that........

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
well its an automated "dalek". punch in car details plug it in, off it goes 45 minutes later it spits out a bit of paper with the stats of what its done and off you go! it does put it on vac for 20mins to check for leaks and evac moisture, and then monitors gas volume delivered against manufacturers reccomended. but the staff i dont think are trained beyond that........
Clearly the case...:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts